Blumpkin

Icarus Nano or PD Optimum reserves?

>The canopy is as big as the company that made it say it is! The only way to find
>out if you like it is.....jump it!

I for one would not want to test jump a 106 square foot reserve only to find out it's really a 76 square foot reserve. Even if saying it's a 106 sells a lot more reserves for the company.

lyosha

Speed 2000 square footage is measured differently from PD/Icarus and is misleading. That 190 is substantially smaller than a 190 Opt or Nano.

You're right, but I don't believe it's intentionally misleading. When I jumped/packed all 4 canopies, I measured them, too. The Speed200/190 is slightly larger than a Spectre/170, and clearly larger than the OP and Nano 160. The 8% math from the Icarus days says a 190=176, etc, so that's probably the discrepancy
Brian

mxk

Optimum has higher maximum weight limits for all sizes. I'm about to order the 235, having also looked at Nano and Smart reserves. Not that I would expect any of these to fail, but it's nice to know that the your reserve is rated for an extra 40 lbs instead of 10.

This is a little misleading. They are both rated the same but PD puts that weight as their maximum with a sliding scale. Look at the PD Op 113 they put the max rating at a 2.25 wing loading. Icarus rates there reserves at no more then a 1.4 WL. I own two Nanos and have landed both the Op and Nano they both fly and flare well. The Nano does have a higher denier fabric that they claim is less prone to line burns and tears. Also I feel like they open a little faster and that might be a reason why i'm not to sure.