wrightskyguy

Spinning student video

wrightskyguy

Was the intructor so hard up for cash that he had to sell this? http://xfinity.comcast.net/video/Flights-grounded-in-Chicago-after-control-center-fire/333817411952/Comcast/Today_in_Video/?cid=hero_sf_TIV

Are you blaming the closure of Chicago ATC facility on the student? Or the instructor? :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Of course it's a "death spin".
How else to you get to the "there I was....." part.
This could be a "what not to do on main or reserve side" video.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

wrightskyguy

Sorry, I'm not very good at this. I've been teaching a long time, I never knew it was called a "death spin". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQO_6qBfQU4

highlight link and hit the box labeled "url" below to make a clicky. :)
Yep, crappy skydive by a student not doing the right thing. I was surprised to see a practice pull after the release. On Level 3's we do the PRCP, then adjust body position and release. I like to stay really close to corral the student. With that said, nice catch by the instructor to pull out the student.

I've always said that any instructor can be left behind by a bad enough student. I know I'm not Superman. ;)