livendive

what's up with USPA?

Currently a 4 week backlog to renew membership even without ratings? This should take 5 minutes tops. Someone should introduce them to computers, maybe even FoxPro, dBase, or even Access. My phone could do this it in a couple hours a day max. :S

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

They are being a bit pessimistic.

I renewed mine at the beginning of June, it was processed and card delivered in 2 weeks. At the time they were also saying it would take 4 weeks.

Check with your DZ, a lot of them will accept an email showing that you've done it as proof for a while, making the expense of rush processing not needed. As soon as they've actually charged your credit card then you will show up in their DZO-searchable online database as renewed, long before the new card gets delivered.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Thijs

***FoxPro, dBase, or even Access.

Dude, it is not 1990 anymore ;-)

That was kind of my point...even 1990 technology would be better than 4 weeks for a membership renewal. ;-)

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

sundevil777

I renewed mine at the beginning of June, it was processed and card delivered in 2 weeks. At the time they were also saying it would take 4 weeks.

Thanks, good to know, I was hoping that was the case.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

sundevil777

Check with your DZ, a lot of them will accept an email showing that you've done it as proof for a while, making the expense of rush processing not needed. As soon as they've actually charged your credit card then you will show up in their DZO-searchable online database as renewed, long before the new card gets delivered.

I agree with this post. I frequently check the membership database for candidates ratings being processed. When I email the ratings to USPA I get the standard 2-4 weeks to process email. Commonly it's in the database within a week and the new card is to the candidate in two weeks.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

From my understand they are currently migrating or are starting the migration to a whole new membership database platform and until this is completed they are warning that there could be a delay since they need to make sure that the data is entered correctly and is process under the correct platform.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

livendive

***They are being a bit pessimistic.

Thanks, good to know, I was hoping that was the case.

Blues,
Dave

I'd use 1-2-3.
Remster

PhreeZone

From my understand they are currently migrating or are starting the migration to a whole new membership database platform and until this is completed they are warning that there could be a delay since they need to make sure that the data is entered correctly and is process under the correct platform.

Well that's good to know. I thought someone had broken the handles off the card catalog cabinet. :D

PhreeZone

They migrated databases in October...

JohnMitchell

***From my understand they are currently migrating or are starting the migration to a whole new membership database platform and until this is completed they are warning that there could be a delay since they need to make sure that the data is entered correctly and is process under the correct platform.

Well that's good to know. I thought someone had broken the handles off the card catalog cabinet. :D

Last I heard they were migrating from shoe boxes to the cabinet.

JohnMitchell

Last I heard they were migrating from shoe boxes to the cabinet.

:D:D:D

Yes, they wouldn't all fit under the bed anymore. :P

And no room in the closet because of all the skeletons? :ph34r:
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

They migrated databases in October...

From what I've heard, this sounds like an IT project that went off the rails. This might be thread drift, but does anyone know anything about what happened?

Poor software purchase? Bad contractors and/or internal staff fit with the needs of the project? Any future concern about the stability or longevity of the new system? Would hate to see our dues go into a money pit IT project

Things seem to be settling down.

Emailed my scanned renewal form on 9/23.
Received an email confirming receipt on 9/24, with the note that it would be processed in 7-10 business days.
Received a confirmation email that the renewal was processed and I was current on 9/29... so it took 3 business days to process (I still don't have the card itself, but assuming 3 days to get across the U.S. it'll probably show up today or tomorrow. I'm less concerned about the card itself since I know my membership is current and could be verified online if need be. Not that I'm jumping this weekend anyway :D).

Not lightning fast, but not bad.

Now if only we could figure out a way to process rating renewals online. It'd be nice if I could fill out my part, and have it sent electronically to the person I would have sign it, and they'd do some sort of digital verification and it'd be done. But I imagine the cost/hassle factor of getting that working might not be worth it for the relatively small proportion of members who are also rating holders.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke