OWB

NJ drop zone missing.

Does anyone know what became of Skydive Jersey shore?
Found an old newspaper story that stated new airport owners were going to boot them. Tried calling. Phones disconnected. What goes on?
Don't worry about nuthin' cause nothin's gonna be okay.

OWB

Does anyone know what became of Skydive Jersey shore?

I owned a DZ in New Jersey during the time period 1969-1973 at the Woodbine Muni Airport in Woodbine, NJ.

I don't remember the DZ in this question. Can some one tell me where it was...airport and town...and the period it was in operation? I flew for a number of DZs after getting out of the DZO business but this one is really a puzzle to me.

Thanks!

Bernie/Guru312
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Skydive Jersey Shore was located at BLM--Belmar/Farmingdale airport (formerly Allaire, then Monmouth Executive.) Owned/operated by Mike Harger from about 1998-2013. Mike's a great skydiver and instructor.

The airport was reportedly sold to an investor group who wanted to drive skydiving, banner towing and other local businesses off the airport to facilitate revamping its image and attract bizjets. From The Star-Ledger, 11/22/2013: "Richard Asper, chairman of Aviation Professionals Group, which orchestrated the negotiations, told the newspaper Wall Aviation is trying to attract owners of '$50 million aircraft as opposed to $50,000.' "

Sad for NJ skydivers. Beautiful location. One of my stops while barnstorming the east coast in a 600 HP Stearman years ago.
"It's not the number of breaths we take--it's the moments that take our breath away."

That sucks, Mike was a real nice guy when I visited there as a newer jumper a few years back. The location was great, and basically right in the backyard where I grew up. I was hoping to visit here and there while seeing the folks. [:/]

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P