JBR

What's your favourite exit?

Depends on what plane.
182 - Dive out into a double front loop. The trick is to stop the front loop at the right time to pop out into a good boxman on your belly.

Otter - Anything off of the camera step. There's just something really cool about climbing out and hanging on the outside of the plane while the others set up in the door.

Skyvan - Either a "hop off the back (facing the back) and let the wind flip you into a backloop" gainer or the "hanging off the bar under the back watching the rest of the load exit over top of you."
A running dive out the back is fun too. The further forward you start, the more of a run you get.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Otter - Anything off of the camera step. There's just something really cool about climbing out and hanging on the outside of the plane while the others set up in the door.

(this) plus a million i love climbing on the outside. I miss the old 5 on the outside of the beaver days at bardstownB|
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Tip: If you hang from the Sky van bar make sure and tell the pilot your there. I did this at WFFC once after I turned down a 2 way sit jump with the most beautiful women I had met.(I love pretty women but my first WFFC coming from a small RW Cessna DZ with 10 months in the sport and jumping a demo Velocity. Always being the logical type I didn't want to overload myself;)) Anyway I hung from the bar as she exited last and geeked me. Pilot immediately through the plane into a dive pulling me with. I let go spun around and got way to good of look at the bottom of the plane/props.

My favorite exit I have done is last diver out of a dc-3. Turn and hug the beach ball on the prop blast and get a head start and fly right over people. Just need an early diver spot on the formation or stay out of peoples way and wait for it to build once there. Wish I had more than a couple WFFC jumps out of one. Late Diver on any tailgate is cool as is the first floater out of anything

That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

Anything that is a solid chuncked piece. I particularly like to be point on a sidebody. I generally like to be point a lot.

Or a launching a compressed, I only tried 2 and 3 way compressed but they are definitely a nice challenge and very rewarding when they work.

But really, any exit that you can turn on the hill puts the biggest smile on my face, how could anyone not love it!? :D
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

My favourite exit will be the next one I'm able to accomplish. Been over a year now since I nearly finished AFF and I'm eager to go but terrified to jump again. The door kills me.

but so far, I just think the coolest thing was climbing out on the 182 and just holding the strut waiting to let go. Something about being outside the plane and just BEING there was beautiful. Being in the plane is so much less interesting. I took an extra second out there to just take it all in before my 7th jump... and it is just breathtaking. I've never felt closer or more connected to the world around me.
You are not the contents of your wallet.

Launched a good one yesterday, 3 way; 2 outside/1 inside each of us had our right hand on the chest strap of the person to our right leaving our left hand free. The reason for the left hand being free was for a quick game of rock/paper/scissors whilst coming down the hill followed by us all digging our right knee in and spinning until we cant hold it any longer. it went well until the knee turns managed to throw the smaller chap in our 3 way over the top of us and turned our flat jump into a bit of impromptu freefly!