ShipOfFools

Skydiving Research

I'm looking for any published research articles that have been done on skydiving, in particular, articles written by skydivers themselves. Right now I'm looking for any area of skydiving and who conducted the research. I hope to find enough information to be able to write a paper of my own. Please let me know what you know.
Thank you for your time.

Are you looking for research on the industry? The people? The gear? The sciency stuff behind it? "Research on skydiving" is a pretty broad descriptor.

http://www.pcprg.com/

Some nerdy aerodynamics stuff here. One of the researchers posts on this site as peek and would probably be happy to help further.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If you don't mind something pirate-y, a few articles can be found at Libgen.org:
(http://libgen.org/scimag/index.php?s=skydiving)

Although I once saw someone say that they block access from US IP addresses. Don't know if it is true.

Otherwise one wants to be at a university library and use their resources. A few papers on fear and risktaking have been discussed on dz.com before. Jason Laurendau wrote a few papers over a decade back and did skydive at the time.

If you are just reading what others have said, then any paper that you might write won't be your own but merely a summary of what others already have said.

The only real way to research skydiving is to put a rig on your back, open the door and exit.

If you just want to regurgitate what somebody else has said, then google Brian Germaine.

ShipOfFools

Maybe I should also ask more specifically, has anyone in this forum written a research paper that has been published? I'm looking for published articles that Elsevier, Wiley, Taylor & Francis, etc. might publish, not Parachutist or Blue Skies.
Thank you for your time.

Yes, but not on anything related to skydiving. Not me at least.

If you intend to submit your article to a peer-reviewed journal, well, you need to have some novel idea or experiment. The work done by others is necessary to cover the state-of-the-art and related work, but to find out related work first you have to have a work of your own. Unless your "research paper" is just a work for college summarizing the work done by others. But I wouldn't call that research, and I doubt that it would be accepted in any peer-reviewed process.

ShipOfFools

Maybe I should also ask more specifically, has anyone in this forum written a research paper that has been published? I'm looking for published articles that Elsevier, Wiley, Taylor & Francis, etc. might publish, not Parachutist or Blue Skies.
Thank you for your time.

If you go to your local (university-type) library, you can search for the author J. Meyer.
IIRC, that author has numerous articles on vortex lattice theory applied to parachute canopy configurations, forces imparted on landing in a PLF, and line sail, has a book published and a very popular SANDIA report.

If you look around, you may be able to find that author directly.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker