bbrodes

Wingsuiters that freefly - help!

So I just took the winsuit first flight course and I'm hooked. Putting the rig trough the suit I had to detach my bungee...which I'm realizing is gonna be a bitch when I'm coming down from a freefly and going up to wingsuit. Has anyone thought of some kind of quick detach system? Thanks!

get a 10mm fastex clip from your local outdoor store and some 4mm shock cord. Make two ~15cm loops and larkshead them to the two ends of the clips and to the bungee attachment points on your rig. Easy to use and make, cheap to replace. I get a couple hundred jumps out of each one. There is another thread on this

I don't like any metal/plastic clips between my legs. I show my WS students how to use a closing loop and length of bungee. It is very simple to install and just as easy to disconnect when jumping your WS.

The info is included as part of my course. If you have not taken your FFC through me, the system costs a bazillian dollars.

:)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

bbrodes

So I just took the winsuit first flight course and I'm hooked. Putting the rig trough the suit I had to detach my bungee...which I'm realizing is gonna be a bitch when I'm coming down from a freefly and going up to wingsuit. Has anyone thought of some kind of quick detach system? Thanks!

Hi

Have you considered getting a second rig, only $3 to $6k , think of all the time you would save, and all the extra loads you could get on.:S:D:P
One Jump Wonder

There was a thread about this a year or so ago, as I recall. There were several good ideas. I am to tired and lazy to try to find it now.

If you are really hooked, you don't have to worry with the bungee any longer. Just put it away in case you need it at a later date.

Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

strife

Im using one of these S-biner micro lock and just unlock one side when wingsuiting

http://www.rei.com/product/860182/nite-ize-s-biner-microlock-keychain-2-pack

......................................................................................

That is the scariest parachute accessory I have seen in a long time!!!!!
What prevents it from grabbing your pilot-chute?????

riggerrob

***Im using one of these S-biner micro lock and just unlock one side when wingsuiting

http://www.rei.com/product/860182/nite-ize-s-biner-microlock-keychain-2-pack

......................................................................................

That is the scariest parachute accessory I have seen in a long time!!!!!
What prevents it from grabbing your pilot-chute?????

It's a twist lock. It will probably make it harder to unintensionally catch something.
Not saying I like the idea though.

I use a clip from a puppies collar (when my dog was a puppy). One half is attached to a keyring loop, on one leg loop and the other is on the bungee, through the other loop. It clips open and closed and works well. Checked with my rigger and they were cool with it.

CJP

Gods don't kill people. People with Gods kill people