1 1
RMK

Update on European Dropzone Vibes

After jumping since 2002, I was out for a couple years without jumping; got back into jumping in 2018 only to be interrupted for a couple years due to the COVID travel problems. 

My oldest son is turning 16 this month and will be doing AFF during the school mid-term break in October.  As my DZ info is now quite “stale”, I’d be interested to know what DZs now have the best vibes and most fun.

I live in London, so primarily looking at European or Mid-East DZs (as you must be 18yrs old to jump in the US, we’ll have to give that a miss for the next two years; though I loved Zephyrhills as my US favourite).

I'm more about “fun” dropzones than competition-oriented DZs.  Also if the local area/hotels are nice that is a plus, so that my wife and younger son can travel also – though probably looking  mostly at weekend trips with my older son.

I’ve jumped a lot of DZs in many countries, but am out-of-the-loop as to what is good now.  Historically Empuriabrava, Spain featured with most jumps in my logbook – so something nearest to the "heydays" of Empuriabrava would be nice.

Edited by RMK