1 1
The Hundredth Monkey

Trump DeSantis 2024

On 9/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, wmw999 said:

And Ron, I don’t think you’d vote for Satan. But I’m not sure you’d be willing to vote for a liberal to keep him out. And I’m sorry for that. Then again, Satan never tells you who he is

Wendy P. 

Satan is a spirit and opereates at his will in whom there is an opening. When one operates with the gift of discerning of spirits, see 1 Cor. 12:10, he is easy to spot.

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Satan is a spirit and opereates at his will in whom there is an opening. When one operates with the gift of discerning of spirits, see 1 Cor. 12:10, he is easy to spot.

1 Corinthians 12 includes the passage:

There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.

That's not talking about the devil.  That's talking about diversity in people.  There are different preachers, priests and imams, but the same underlying message.  Some people are wise, some have knowledge, some are doctors, some can predict the future to some degree (think weathermen) some can speak many languages.- but the same spirit animates them all, and it's that spirit that should unite us, rather than let politicians drive us apart.

On 9/6/2022 at 3:53 PM, wmw999 said:

Excuse me, but who called who a secret sympathizer with pedophiles?

And Ron, I don’t think you’d vote for Satan. But I’m not sure you’d be willing to vote for a liberal to keep him out. And I’m sorry for that. Then again, Satan never tells you who he is

Wendy P. 

Aww come on, you're just saying it in a different way. Why dance around the truth? We arrived where we are by pretending extremists, especially religious extremists, are actually just like the rest of us at heart. Of course Ron would vote for Satan or Trump or any anti-democratic demagogue if he believed it would hasten the end times. Pretending that isn't true or that it's not helpful to say it out loud isn't helping.

More, as a reminder:

In a raucous speech at a Christian conference in Woodland Park on Friday, U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert called for conservative churchgoers to put “God back at the center of our country” and defeat “the enemy” that she said is destroying it from within.

“God is on our side. The blood has been applied,” Boebert told the crowd at Charis Bible College in an hour-long speech that quoted heavily from scripture. “We are going straight into victory. You are all more than conquerers through God, through Christ who strengthens you every step of the way.”

14 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

More, as a reminder:

In a raucous speech at a Christian conference in Woodland Park on Friday, U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert called for conservative churchgoers to put “God back at the center of our country” and defeat “the enemy” that she said is destroying it from within.

“God is on our side. The blood has been applied,” Boebert told the crowd at Charis Bible College in an hour-long speech that quoted heavily from scripture. “We are going straight into victory. You are all more than conquerers through God, through Christ who strengthens you every step of the way.”

Of late, I have been studying Jewish eschatology. It appears to me that we, Christians, are marching steadfastly toward victorious martyrdom. It is the mystery of catastrophe. In other words, great moves of God occur through tragedy. 

4 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Of late, I have been studying Jewish eschatology. It appears to me that we, Christians, are marching steadfastly toward victorious martyrdom. It is the mystery of catastrophe. In other words, great moves of God occur through tragedy. 

Ahhhh yes.

Christians are being 'persecuted' again.

Funny how that 'God' thing 'loves' everyone so much that he makes they suffer 'tragedy' and 'martyrdom'.

5 hours ago, RonD1120 said:

Evangelicals are like the ideal customers: Over promise them but under deliver and they're happy, never publish the price but they'll still pay every invoice-and happily, change the product without notice-no problem, the complaint line is you thinking silently, preferably with you on your knees, alone, in a darkened room, they not only like being poor while you get rich but believe it's a virtue, they joyously flock to a store that is open just one day a week simply to hear your supply problems, and, best of all, they love being put on hold. No matter what else religion is, it can not be denied that it's a brilliant business model.

• Like 1

I often think about sending my $20 to get my ordained preacher ticket.

Then I’ll turn Tsunami boogies into international religious retreats.

If Franky Graham and Joel Osteen can get away with it, I can too.

Why pay taxes, really…