jackwallace

airport proposal

I'm writing up a proposal to an airport board to use the place for jumping. I know the usual stuff. We have the right to use the place, if it accepts fed funding, good economic impact for the community, fun, will bring in tourists. What else? What's worked for people and what hasn't?
thanks
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

We have the right to use the place, if it accepts fed funding,

Just because you seem to know that, the question is, do you understand the process?

As JP said you need to speak with Randy O. it can be quite confusing even to those well virsed in the process and there are a lot of hurdles to jump, some access cases take years to settle even though your right and they are wrong.

Hire a laywer.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I'm writing up a proposal to an airport board to use the place for jumping. I know the usual stuff. We have the right to use the place, if it accepts fed funding,

IMHO having had to win over an airport board that had banned skydiving forever, I think you should not mention (at least yet) that you have the "right" to use the place. More bees with honey kind of thing.

Things we did: went to meetings in business attire.
Made each commisioner their own professional looking binder of our proposal. Mention how much fuel you'll buy, rent you'll pay, jobs you'll create, local rstaurants & hotels that will benefit, Include in the binder a copy of the BSRs & FARs, promise to abide by them. And then....don't take no for an answer....it took us months of meetings to finally get a go ahead...we Never brought up our "right" to be there...just wore them down with sweetness ;)

I'm writing up a proposal to an airport board to use the place for jumping. I know the usual stuff. We have the right to use the place, if it accepts fed funding, good economic impact for the community, fun, will bring in tourists. What else? What's worked for people and what hasn't?
thanks

If it's a muni, they like to hear how your customers will be spending money in their town. Filling gas tanks, eating at McDonald's, buying beer, staying at local hotels. All that means tax revenues and that wins out over almost everything else.

If it's a private owner, promise him everyone will be off the airport 30 minutes after sunset. ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

To those w/ experience in this:

To what degree is it helpful to court the neighboring landowners ("outs") at the proposal stage of the process? Is "landing out" something best not brought up at this point?
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

Anyone got a copy of an actual proposal they can post?

There's this sweet airport right by a bad ass beach on Lake Michigan that I want to jump at next year. We did some bandit jumps onto the beach this year but we want to be able to land right on the airport too. I went to the meetings and showed some video of the beach jumps. Everyone there loved it, but they want me to give them a proposal in writing. I know pretty much what I want it to say, but I'm not sure about what the format of a proposal should look like.

Anyone got something I can copy or maybe get some ideas from?

GLIDEANGLE

To those w/ experience in this:

To what degree is it helpful to court the neighboring landowners ("outs") at the proposal stage of the process? Is "landing out" something best not brought up at this point?

.................................................................................

Invite neighbors to your BBQs. Just remember to clean up promptly and keep it quiet after midnight.
I did tandems with the owner and daughter of the largest farmer near Pitt Meadows Air Port. We were always polite and always stuck to his roads, when driving to retrieve skydivers who landed "out."
Something as simple as closing a gate behind you will keep you on the good side of farmers.

Anyone got a copy of an actual proposal they can post?

too much propitiatory info to edit out, for posting, and the files are way too big as well for an attachment.

I know pretty much what I want it to say, but I'm not sure about what the format of a proposal should look like.

Just start writing those ideas down, when done, clean it up, keep it factual on point. You are writing a business plan for wuffo's...... so ACT like it! (in other words don't put in stupid shit and sound like a dumbass skydiver)

You would be wise to become fluent and well versed on the FAR's that apply as well as the rules to federal funded airports and the grant assurances, AND COVER THOSE IN THE PLAN! (if not federal funded airport, leave it out) You would be fool to assume you will be welcome with open arms, you should expect and plan for the push back and getting told to fuck off, regardless of how everyone loved those videos you showed.

Oh, and I wouldn't advise talking about landing out or crap like that, be sure you have an answer tho to all those questions that will or could come up. Keep on topic and do NOT offer any info up front with regards to off landings or deaths, but expect those questions and have an answer ready, but I would not include that crap in a business plan, your business plan cover on airport activities for AVIATION only. (in other words, STFU about nite life of the dz)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo