skydiverek

Does Sabre2 open hard more often that other modern canopies?

Cambalectri

concerning the fatal accident of Mike Truffer ( a great guy, RIP ) this may not be the best illustration !
In the Incidents Forum it is well explained why he had a very hard opening ; so hard, he never released his brakes.
The Stilleto 107 may not have been packed ''flawlessly '' !

What was concluded? The thread was rather long and thus on quick examination it wasn't clear what the issue was with the HMA lines Stiletto.

Reference: Truffer fatality thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4490938;

pchapman

***concerning the fatal accident of Mike Truffer ( a great guy, RIP ) this may not be the best illustration !
In the Incidents Forum it is well explained why he had a very hard opening ; so hard, he never released his brakes.

What was concluded? The thread was rather long and thus on quick examination it wasn't clear what the issue was with the HMA lines Stiletto.

Reference: Truffer fatality thread http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=4490938;

I assumed that after reading the entire Truffer fatality thread, that the problem was not with the choice of the suspension lines, but mainly with the packing of the canopy and the stows !?!?....
This was in response to Chuckakers , referring to Mike Truffer and to Bealio, both having a different approach to
flawlessly packed canopies !

Cambalectri

******concerning the fatal accident of Mike Truffer ( a great guy, RIP ) this may not be the best illustration !

I assumed that after reading the entire Truffer fatality thread, that the problem was not with the choice of the suspension lines, but mainly with the packing of the canopy and the stows !?!?....
This was in response to Chuckakers , referring to Mike Truffer and to Bealio, both having a different approach to
flawlessly packed canopies !

I only glanced at the Truffer thread, but from what I saw the packing and line stow comments were pure speculation. It's my understanding that Mike packed the canopy himself, just as he had done countless times before. I also understand he was pretty meticulous.

On another note, I think some on this thread are either splitting terminology hairs or don't get my point. Call it whatever you want, guys. It is absolutely possible to take a canopy without flaws of any kind and pack it precisely as it was designed to be packed, and end up with an opening that can injure or kill you.

Any canopy on any jump.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

It was good for quite awhile and I still don't know why it started opening so hard. What I did was send it back to the factory and paid for a factory inspection and some minor repairs before I sold it. It was inspected by them and they said it was fine. I then sent it to a company that sells used equipment and they inspected it and sold it for me. And I was open and honest about why I was selling it.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

keithbar

Now my Sabre1 was another story...

+ 1 after so many hard openings on my old 190. until I got smart and put thr pocket slider on it;) I have chronic neck pain

Do that, or put a slider that is the same width side to side and 2 to 4 inches longer front to back.

A JVX slider does wonders.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto