1 1
kallend

Horse dewormer fail

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Yes, that's exactly what it says. 

Man, that is eye opening. By 2019 the average Republican had a life expectancy of almost 775 years and the average Democrat was lucky to make it to 660 years. Nothing to do but admit we were wrong and try to learn from it. Thanks for sharing, Bill.

10 hours ago, Slim King said:

An amazing graph ... If true it means that as people get older and wiser they turn Republican.

It says "Age standardized", which by your logic means that as they get more demented they turn Republican.

Edited by kallend
Edditted fur Spelin'

5 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Having a Democrat in the White House is destroying America. It's pretty obvious .. 

Definitely.  Inflation coming down, gas prices dropping, infrastructure bill passed, roads being repaired, deficit being reduced, COVID on the decline . . . a few more years of this and America will be completely destroyed.

Meanwhile, Trump is under investigation for stealing secret nuclear weapons documents, Bannon was led away in handcuffs for stealing supporter money, and a dozen of his closest advisers were found guilty of things ranging from fraud to conspiring with Russia against the United States.  And Trump is trying to defend himself from a rape/slander lawsuit.  Sounds like winning to me.

Cardiac events are more prevalent in athletes than the general populace, this is extremely old news. So the first statement above is a basic lie. The second sentence is also a lie, since in their own article they openly admit they don't have that information at all. Given those two things are lies, and they would have known they were lies, the third bit would also be a lie.

I'd be a bit embarrassed if I was so easily convinced to spread misinformation, wouldn't you?

18 minutes ago, mistercwood said:

Cardiac events are more prevalent in athletes than the general populace, this is extremely old news. So the first statement above is a basic lie. The second sentence is also a lie, since in their own article they openly admit they don't have that information at all. Given those two things are lies, and they would have known they were lies, the third bit would also be a lie.

I'd be a bit embarrassed if I was so easily convinced to spread misinformation, wouldn't you?

Whoa whoa whoa why don't you back down off your high horse there???  The science (the sciencing, even) is good, it says so right in the name!

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Yes .. Now it's time for you to own up to all the kids dying because of the JAB ... 

Overall, we rate Real Science (goodsciencing.com) right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of quackery level pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, propaganda, failed fact checks, and a complete lack of transparency.

Above from Media Bias fact Check. So its a quack here a quack there, over to FB, over to SC. Quack quack quackery.

In the instant-karma category:

Danny Lemoi, a self-described "Ivermectin influencer" took a daily dose of horse ivermectin for over a decade, and regulary touted its benefits online in curing everything from COVID to Lyme disease to cardiac myopathy.  He told his followers that taking Ivermectin "regenerated" his heart muscle - despite Ivermectin posing a significant and well-known risk to cardiac muscle.  He told his thousands of followers to take it, and even told them to feed it to their children.  Especially "children on the spectrum, cerebral palsy, pans/panda, downs etc."  He even recommended a dosage to them.

His health deteriorated and he continued taking the horse dewormer.  Several people on his page warned him about the risks of doing this, including lung and heart damage, and told him he was taking a dangerously high dose.  He didn't reveal what his new dosage was, but a follower of his who followed his "protocol" said she was going through a tube every 3 days.  (A tube is a single dose for a 1300 pound horse.)

As he (and his followers) got sicker, they would attribute their symptoms to all their parasites dying and being forced out.  They took each new symptom as a good sign.  One follower said he was "very new to this... I’ve been on Bimectin paste for 20 days.  I have severe chest pain. Costochondritis symptoms. Air hunger, internal tremors, brain fog, headaches on the back of my head, anxiety, depression, doom and gloominess.” He got a lot of support, with other posters telling him he would get through it.  Another follower was convinced that her GI distress and her hot flashes after taking Ivermectin was the result of an "8 foot tapeworm" convulsing and dying, and she resolved to keep taking Ivermectin to continue cleansing her.

On March 3rd Lemoi posted: "We’ll call this one “The Morning Commute” HAPPY FRIDAY ALL YOU POISONOUS HORSE PASTE EATING SURVIVORS !!!"

He died a few hours later of heart failure.

Followers predictably defended him.  “No one can convince me that he died because of ivermectin.  He ultimately died because of our failed western medicine which only cares about profits and not the cure.”  (It should be noted that he tended to avoid doctors.)

(edited)
17 minutes ago, billvon said:

In the instant-karma category:

....  “No one can convince me that he died because of ivermectin.  He ultimately died because of our failed western medicine which only cares about profits and not the cure.”  (It should be noted that he tended to avoid doctors.)

So a happy story then!

Edited by Phil1111

22 minutes ago, billvon said:

On March 3rd Lemoi posted: "We’ll call this one “The Morning Commute” HAPPY FRIDAY ALL YOU POISONOUS HORSE PASTE EATING SURVIVORS !!!"

He died a few hours later of heart failure.

Followers predictably defended him.  “No one can convince me that he died because of ivermectin.  He ultimately died because of our failed western medicine which only cares about profits and not the cure.”  (It should be noted that he tended to avoid doctors.)

I bet he has a nice  worm-free corpse though.

3 hours ago, billvon said:

...Followers predictably defended him.  “No one can convince me that he died because of ivermectin.  He ultimately died because of our failed western medicine which only cares about profits and not the cure.”  (It should be noted that he tended to avoid doctors.)

That's totally hilarious, considering Stromectol (trade name for Ivermectin) is made by Merck.
You know, "Big Pharma". 

3 hours ago, jakee said:

I had no idea this was a thing pre-Covid. What on earth motivated them to start trying it in the first place?

Apparently the 'alternative medicine' crowd thinks its a treatment for Lyme disease.

It's not, but they believe just about anything.

So, the answer to your question would be:

Gullibility. And stupidity.

9 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

That's totally hilarious, considering Stromectol (trade name for Ivermectin) is made by Merck.
You know, "Big Pharma". 

An article on this actually discussed that.  That is different (according to the Ivermectin-cures-cancer crowd) because they are pulling a fast one on Big Pharma, tricking them into giving them Ivermectin at a lower price - and without nosy doctors or pharmacists involved.  A true libertarian victory over the corporate bureaucratic villains who want to withhold this lifesaving drug, all possible because of their cleverness and resourcefulness.

1 hour ago, johnhking1 said:

I suppose if you told some of these people that eating poison ivy would cure Lyme disease and Covid-19, they would be making a salad.

And attacking Big Pharma for suppressing this simple 100% natural remedy, and telling all the people trying it "don't worry, if you get a rash it's just the toxins leaving your body.  Eat more!"