1 1
kallend

Horse dewormer fail

51 minutes ago, kallend said:

Finally, a definitive,randomized study:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2201662

But at least all those follwers of Dr. Trump will be free of interstinal worms.

The study seems to show that none of the three study drugs, including Ivermectin, have any measurable effect on post infection symptomatology. But don't most users adopt it as a prophylaxis? 

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

The study seems to show that none of the three study drugs, including Ivermectin, have any measurable effect on post infection symptomatology. But don't most users adopt it as a prophylaxis? 

Lots do. 

There's no proof it works that way either, and I'd hazard a guess that there's a study of that in the works.

Proof that it DOESN'T work is not the easiest thing in the world to establish.

The fact that it took this long to establish that it's useless as a 'cure' is a good indicator of that.

And the 'true believers' have gone to great lengths to get it to sick people, especially in the hospital. Sneaking it in, begging, harassing, even threatening the health care folks, filing lawsuits to get it administered (a couple succeeded, but the dumbasses died).
The "Herman Cain Awards" are full of fools who took it both before and after onset of symptoms.

3 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Pfizer is the biggest crook in AMERICA and you trust them  The government simply cuts themselves in for part of the take .... Why weren't they arrested?https://www.businessinsider.com/pfizer-to-pay-23-billion-in-biggest-fine-every-for-deceitful-advertising-2009-9

So, like Operation WARP Speed....which is your boy Trump.

4 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Pfizer is the biggest crook in AMERICA and you trust them  The government simply cuts themselves in for part of the take

That's called "government contracting."  It is how, for example, we won World War II.

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

I took Ivermectin HCQ and quercetin with 220 milligrams of zinc ... The Zelenko Protocol. Never a sick day in over two years.

You're up to 8.

Non sequitur — Assuming “this” follows “that” when there is no demonstrable logical connection.

1 minute ago, Slim King said:

I took Ivermectin HCQ and quercetin with 220 milligrams of zinc ... The Zelenko Protocol. Never a sick day in over two years.

Well what do you know. I socially distanced within reason, (bubbled with my brother's family, and visited and walked with lots of other relatives and friends outdoors or masked), traveled by airplane and RV (Grand Canyon, Antarctica, Texas, Costa Rica, Mexico, Pacific Northwest and back), and took the shots. I also wasn't sick a day in over two years.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Good for you ...  I never wore a mask unless forced and I performed for thousands of people every month. Hugs, kisses, all the stuff that goes on in meet and greets. Never distanced myself at all. 

As I recall, Herman Cain took the same approach.

On 9/4/2022 at 2:34 AM, Slim King said:

WOW: Ivermectin Lowers COVID Death Rate by 92% New Study Shows [88,012 Patients in Study]

From the study (bolding mine):

There were 159,560 participants aged 18 years and above not infected with COVID-19 prior to July 7, 2020, from the city of Itajaí, Brazil. Among them, 45,716 (28.7%) did not use ivermectin and 113,844 (71.3%) used ivermectin prophylactically. Of the 113,844 participants, 8,325 (7.3%) subjects used ivermectin regularly and 33,971 (29.8%) used ivermectin irregularly. In total, 88,012 subjects were included in the present analysis. The 71,548 (62.8%) remaining participants used intermediate doses between 60 mg and 180 mg and were not included in this analysis.

I wonder why you would include people on low doses, and people on high doses, but not a massive chunk of participants in between those? 

Good money says that with that data included, the numbers are completely off and (as has always been the case) there is no evidence that Ivermectin actually does anything other than what it's designed to do - kill parasites.

5 hours ago, wmw999 said:

Well what do you know. I socially distanced within reason, (bubbled with my brother's family, and visited and walked with lots of other relatives and friends outdoors or masked)..

Wendy P.

As did I.  Not so much as a sniffle, except during hayfever season.  I will get the bivalent booster on Friday.

12 hours ago, mistercwood said:

...there is no evidence that Ivermectin actually does anything other than what it's designed to do - kill parasites.

And one reason that these studies show positive results is that parasites do a lot of damage. They weaken the entire body and make people more vulnerable to diseases...

Like Covid.

In places where parasites are common (like a lot of places other than the US), Ivermectin can be helpful. 
It gets rid of the parasites, makes one more healthy overall and therefore more likely to survive illness.

Where is this study from?

Brazil. Were parasitic infections in humans is a lot more common.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:03 PM, Slim King said:

Joe Rogan embodies what a moron *thinks* an intelligent person would be like.

He is a good interviewer, and I find him entertaining. His popularity is a reflection of these skills.

The fact that a subset of the population thinks that he is also a solid source of information, not just entertainment, is a reflection of the fact that intelligence is on a bell curve so by numbers alone we must have a lot of idiots in this Country!

13 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Ivermectin works with  Zinc in your system to enter the cell and stop viral replication. It doesn't have to be high grade. Although VETERINARY grade is given to million dollar horses,,, LOL

Perfect.  You are an obedient little follower, posting exactly what the right wing media wants you to.  I predict "Trump really won" will come up sometime soon.

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

Ivermectin works with  Zinc in your system to enter the cell and stop viral replication.

Wow, so that means it works against all viruses. That solves a lot of problems. No wonder the deep state is hiding it. Good thing is republicans will now live so much longer....

2 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Wow, so that means it works against all viruses. That solves a lot of problems. No wonder the deep state is hiding it. Good thing is republicans will now live so much longer....

That's why so many republicans have been surviving COVID while democrats die of ivermectin and zinc deficiency.

Right?

==============

People in Republican Counties Have Higher Death Rates Than Those in Democratic Counties

A growing mortality gap between Republican and Democratic areas may largely stem from policy choices

By Lydia Denworth on July 18, 2022

People in Republican Counties Have Higher Death Rates Than Those in Democratic Counties 

During the COVID-19 pandemic, the link between politics and health became glaringly obvious. Democrat-leaning “blue” states were more likely to enact mask requirements and vaccine and social distancing mandates. Republican-leaning “red” states were much more resistant to health measures. The consequences of those differences emerged by the end of 2020, when rates of hospitalization and death from COVID rose in conservative counties and dropped in liberal ones. That divergence continued through 2021, when vaccines became widely available. And although the highly transmissible Omicron variant narrowed the gap in infection rates, hospitalization and death rates, which are dramatically reduced by vaccines, remain higher in Republican-leaning parts of the country.