skybeergodd

Stolen Gear.10/31/2014 Lincoln, IL..Complete rig Javelin Odyssey

Container is an Odyssey J1KS Serial # 26977 DOM 10/04, Reserve a PD 143R serial number 34364 DOM 05/05, AAD is a MARS M2 serial # 2762 DOM 09/14...I do not have any info on the main canopy but I believe it was a PD Spectre 135 and was a PD stock color pattern of white, blue, and blackberry......This was stolen in Lincoln, IL so half way between St. Louis and Chicago....if the jumpers in those areas can keep on eye out, we would be grateful !!!

Container is Black with blue piping/trim tape. Reserve flaps, royal blue, Cap is white/blue tie dye along with the accent stripes on the main pin protector flap.

Your Rigger or if you purchased through a dealer.... should have your main info...

Don't know if you know about this.
http://www.dropzone.com/stolen/

You might also make a flier and send to the rigging lofts in Chicago and St. Louis.

Peek may be able to help guide you in the St. Louis area.

Good Luck.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Yeah, I have one.

My S/O's house was part of a Christmas Time Snatch & Grab Break in.
Rig, log books, electronics, cash, etc.
They used her sheets to throw stuff on the bed and were in & out in 5 minutes.
Grabbed her gear bag.

We posted her gear with the PD's in the area.
Made up fliers for all the local DZs
Posted it in the stolen gear DB on here
Registered her AAD With Cypres as stolen.

Two months later.... Cop in Arkansas pulls over a stolen vehicle.
Opens the trunk.
Cop is a new skydiver - recent A license.
Remembers something about a stolen rig and looks it up.
Calls her.
Has to turn it in for evidence (the guys in the stolen car were on a crime spree after just being released from prison and my other half was one of the victims).

Unfortunately, the log books were not recovered.
Biggest PITA trying to re-create those and get signatures.
Signatures from WFFC were done by those other than the originals; but by those who were with us when she made the jumps.
She'd had some famous people sign her books and those were lost forever.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I'm curious. How often is it that people end up finding their gear that was stolen? Are there any success stories?

I had a rig stolen from my car, reported it to the cops, who called me a couple of months later. Raided a house and there it was completely untouched, along with a big stash of stolen stuff.

I got lucky.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Unfortunately, the log books were not recovered.

I had my car stolen back in October 1997 with my gear inside. Cops found my car unscathed and abandoned in the woods but minus my gear bag and other assorted stuff. >:(

Never recovered that stuff, including my logbook containing my WFFC jumps from that year. [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I had mine stolen 6 yrs ago and I got a call from someone last month who had my gear! Was in same excellent condition as when it was stolen, still in the gear bag, and there were even 3 jump tickets still in the jumpsuit pocket! They got my contact info off the stolen gear database.