Amad85

A license, now how to proceed ?

Hello fellows,
I joined the sport just couple of months ago.I took my A License a few weeks ago. I am just wondering how do I move forward regarding my skills! Is there something like a checklist of skills that I have to do ( you know, like that A license checklist was very helpful). My goal is simple : to enjoy the sport more!
One more thing, I am a bit nervous about group jumps worrying if I would hurt somebody or others hurt me in free fall!! Any advise for a newbie.
Thanks in advance. :)

Well, one very important thing to work on is canopy skills. The B license canopy card will give you direction with that.

If you are worried about hurting/getting hurt when jumping in groups, keep it small. 2, 3 or 4 is small enough to keep is reasonably safe, yet still challenging. With 2 jumpers, you will both fly to each other, which can mask some inadequacies by one of you. Make it 3 or 4 and everyone has to do their job.

If you have an A license, you should have the skills to safely do 3 or 4 ways. Altitude awareness and tracking are fairly important for the breakoff & opening.

Depending on where you jump, there may be load organizers. If not, try to find a couple people willing to jump with you. Solos get old fast.

Some may disagree, but finding another newer jumper can be a help. You both need to improve, so neither is going to blame the other for "messing up the jump." If you go that route, try to find an instructor or coach to help plan the jumps.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

We have Load Organizers who are there to help jumpers, like yourself, develop their belly skills. We work with A licenced jumpers in small groups, gradually building larger formations as your skills allow.

I'd recommend you find a dz that has such a program.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

wolfriverjoe

Some may disagree, but finding another newer jumper can be a help. You both need to improve, so neither is going to blame the other for "messing up the jump." If you go that route, try to find an instructor or coach to help plan the jumps.

This. You get to be idiots together, everyone has fun, and most importantly, you should both be safety obsessed.
SCR 15113
USPA Coach-C
Hellfish 1004