1 1
NewGuy2005

Is "Pedophiles" the Outrage of Last Resort?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

image.jpeg.95840e0305d479d6d5a3fe940bd54512.jpeg

image.jpeg.5f360eff47a46f6e333e8531cb0f0b37.jpeg

I was going to check the authenticity of the above photo's. Given Brent's long history of just being wrong about so many"facts". Then decided that a second cup was more important.

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

Is there any kind of thought germinating in there somewhere?

spacer.png

(edited)
5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Picture is worth a thousand words 

If that's true you need to tighten your laterals so you won't need to do the funky chicken to keep from spinning a perfect student. Or maybe the picture proves nothing.

Edited by JoeWeber

4 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Phil,

Ignorance is bliss.  Wow, is that ever right.

Jerry Baumchen

Billions of dollars have been invested by FOX, big business, pharma, oil companies, etc. In the creation of the modern conservative. Brent and 65 million GOP voters is the outcome. Like the investments tobacco companies made from the 1920s to the 80s. Investments to create customers addicted to an idea that smoking is cool. That investment for them is now producing results.

Since the 1980s Rupert Murdoch and his kin. Have educated conservatives with false science. Peddled ideas that science itself can't be trusted. Sold a pseudo-economic narrative that the same social protections that others in the G-7 enjoy. Can't work in America because companies are inefficient and the American worker can't compete with similar workers in other developed countries.

Persuaded conservatives that winner take all is the new democracy standard. Brent is the product of that social engineering.

8 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

I don't doubt it. Nor do I doubt that you troll climate deniers in other places.

No, I truly believe that the whole “climate crisis” thing is overblown.  We are going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars “to address climate change” and it will have no impact on the climate.  The only thing it will accomplish is to line the pockets of Paul Pelosi and his ilk.  
Q) Why do need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on this?

A) To save the planet from the ravages of climate change 

Q) Will it have any measurable impact on the climate?

A) No

:/

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No, I truly believe that the whole “climate crisis” thing is overblown.  We are going to spend hundreds of billions of dollars “to address climate change” and it will have no impact on the climate.  The only thing it will accomplish is to line the pockets of Paul Pelosi and his ilk.  
Q) Why do need to spend hundreds of billions of dollars on this?

A) To save the planet from the ravages of climate change 

Q) Will it have any measurable impact on the climate?

A) No

:/

We spent $2 Trillion in Afghanistan and Iraq and survived, what's a couple hundred billion? Even if you are a true believer you must know that the day's of using fossil fuels for energy needs on planet Earth are numbered. You'll also be acutely aware that waiting until the last barrel is burnt to make a change isn't smart policy. Also, global consensus on when to invest in the energies of the future will never happen. Those truths exist independently of any belief that burning fossil fuels will have measurable negative impacts on the climate. So what to do? Think of it like the guy who loses it all trying to time the market top in any asset class; the smart money will see the bubble and exit early for the next thing. We're talking the world here and 100 years is a blink. Common sense say's that the sooner we get after it the better.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

We spent $2 Trillion in Afghanistan and Iraq and survived, what's a couple hundred billion? Even if you are a true believer you must know that the day's of using fossil fuels for energy needs on planet Earth are numbered. You'll also be acutely aware that waiting until the last barrel is burnt to make a change isn't smart policy. 

When and if we run out of fossil fuels, it will happen slowly over many many decades (more than a hundred years).  As it does they will become more expensive (again slowly over decades).  There will be no need to subsidize uncompetitive technologies at taxpayer expense, market forces alone will drive change.  We just have to have the intelligence and courage to do nothing. 

15 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

When and if we run out of fossil fuels, it will happen slowly over many many decades (more than a hundred years).  As it does they will become more expensive (again slowly over decades).  There will be no need to subsidize uncompetitive technologies at taxpayer expense, market forces alone will drive change.  We just have to have the intelligence and courage to do nothing. 

Centuries can be counted in decades, you know. Your premises are speculations, nothing more. The truth is that taxpayer investments in technologies pays off. I don't know where you got your MBA but we're going there to beat their asses and get your money back. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

The truth is that taxpayer investments in technologies pays off. 

Just look at all of the high speed rail we have. ;P

Seriously, we will find out just what we are getting for our “investment” in the next few years.  If you are right I will be one of the few dinosaurs still driving an IC vehicle if you are wrong (and I suspect you are) gas stations across the country will still be pumping plenty of gas.

We just have to have the intelligence and courage to do nothing. 

Doing nothing doesn't take much intelligence or courage.

It's what dead people do.

It's what those police at the Uvalde shooting did.

You may still have 25 years to go, but it seems you've already kicked the bucket in the mental sense :rofl:

11 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Doing nothing doesn't take much intelligence or courage.

It's what dead people do.

It's what those police at the Uvalde shooting did.

You may still have 25 years to go, but it seems you've already kicked the bucket in the mental sense :rofl:

image.jpeg.7482af9ca8aa59013be9902d871a86ac.jpeg
I set the hook so hard, this fish is never coming off.

Just look at all of the high speed rail we have. ;P

Seriously, we will find out just what we are getting for our “investment” in the next few years.  If you are right I will be one of the few dinosaurs still driving an IC vehicle if you are wrong (and I suspect you are) gas stations across the country will still be pumping plenty of gas.

You need to recalibrate your timeline. Nothing about this is being measured by your remaining time alive.