1 1
NewGuy2005

Is "Pedophiles" the Outrage of Last Resort?

Disclaimer:  I do think pedophilia is a much bigger problem than we are currently aware of.  

That being said, why the focus on pedophiles in politics in recent years?  It seems like the prevalence of this is only increasing.  It was the foundation of the Q-Anon movement.  Now everything involved with kids and progressives is "grooming."  What are your thoughts?

56 minutes ago, ryoder said:

What I am getting damned tire of, is the Reich Wing's accusation of pedophilia against anyone who dares disagree with their propoganda.

"You don't believe the election was stolen? You must be a pedophile!"

Methinks they protest too much.

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

What I am getting damned tire of, is the Reich Wing's accusation of pedophilia against anyone who dares disagree with their propoganda.

Especially since the one politican I can think of currently under investigation for pedophilia is a republican.

It’s just the natural extension and weaponization of “think of the children.” Remember all the discussions about killing kittens in th e early days of dz.com (“every time you masturbate a kitten dies”)? And how people would jokingly accuse each other of hating kittens?

Well, this is just the illogical extension.

Wendy P. 

29 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

It’s just the natural extension and weaponization of “think of the children.” Remember all the discussions about killing kittens in th e early days of dz.com (“every time you masturbate a kitten dies”)? And how people would jokingly accuse each other of hating kittens?

Well, this is just the illogical extension.

Wendy P. 

It seems to me we have had a regular poster here who basically considered anyone to the left of Attila the Hun to be a satanist. And said so often.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

It’s just the natural extension and weaponization of “think of the children.” ...

Wendy P. 

Agree its just another caliber of weapon in the US culture wars.Call it the WP of the battleground.  At least five US politicians referred to war after the trump subpoena. So far one dead from that.

Evidently senators, house leaders, media pundits can all call for armed actions in the new tribalized America. All with impunity.

spacer.png

Stock up on the same Daniel Defense AR used in the Uvalde shooting. As low as $98.98 a month.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

It’s just the natural extension and weaponization of “think of the children.”....

Wendy P. 

I recall that the justification for storming the Branch Davidian compound in Waco was that there were children that were being abused.  

5 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

I recall that the justification for storming the Branch Davidian compound in Waco was that there were children that were being abused.  

I recommend that  we should avoid pizza parlours, especially those with basements (and those without).

9 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

Well, that depends.

The first justification was 'illegal weapons' (the original raid was conducted by the BATF).

Then they claimed the Branch Davidians were cooking meth.

THEN they burned the compound down, killing just about everyone inside, including a LOT of kids.

Then, when the outrage generated congressional hearings, they trotted out the (apparently true) story that Koresh sexually exploited teenaged girls.

9 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Yeah, it would be except for the fact that 'pedophile' and 'ephebophile' are not exactly the same thing.

Both are still sexual abuse of a child.  Lots of prominent Democrats flew on the ‘Lolita Express’ to Epstein’s sex island.

“It’s owner liked to call it “Little St. Jeff.” The Locals called it Pedophile Island”

22 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Both are still sexual abuse of a child.  Lots of prominent Democrats flew on the ‘Lolita Express’ to Epstein’s sex island.

Lots?

Lots of prominent republicans were friends of Epstein and helped him avoid accountability for known child sex crimes.

41 minutes ago, jakee said:

Lots?

Lots of prominent republicans were friends of Epstein and helped him avoid accountability for known child sex crimes.

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”  Donald Trump, interviewed in 2002.

3 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Including Trump.

But only one prominent politician is actually under investigation for pedophilia - and it's a republican.  His wingman (another republican) is also in jail for sex trafficking in minors.

And of course Trump still wishes Ghislaine Maxwell "well."

TrumpGhislaine.jpg

4 hours ago, billvon said:

But only one prominent politician is actually under investigation for pedophilia

I don't think this is true. I know he is being investigated for potential trafficking and sex with an underage girl, but I have not seen anything about him being investigated regarding sexual relations with a prepubescent child.

6 hours ago, kallend said:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy, He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”  Donald Trump, interviewed in 2002.

When certain states pass their fetal personhood laws will sex with a pregnant women be prosecutable as child abuse? Maybe we'll get to sue guy's who have sex if they're guilty, knowingly or not. Surely probable cause is enough, I'm thinking.