1 1
billvon

Excuses for the FBI search

Recommended Posts

(edited)
On 8/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Faicon9493 said:

Having said all that, I have some questions:
1. Did Donald Trump come up with the list of documents that were taken on his own?
2. Who was the person he dispatched to retrieve these records?
3. Who signed for the release of these records?
4. Did the request for these records raise red flags? If yes, why wasn’t it reported?
5. Who organized and packaged these records for transportation to Florida?
6. Who unpacked these records and took them to the place where they were kept?

The problem with these questions is that they literally can't be applied to the chaos that was the Trump White House. Like the very first one... you think there was a list? They were carting boxes of files out, in a panic, because they suddenly realised 2.5 months after losing the election that they were going to have to leave the Oval Office. 

And requests for records - as it stands it seems like many of these files were accumulated over long periods of time from briefings that were given to Trump. Now, if you give the President of the United States, in the Oval Office, a briefing folder and he tears out a couple of pages which he says he wants to read later, who in the room can tell him no?

Edited by jakee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Even Trump might be able to claim innocence: What? Seriously? No one ever told me no or to stop it or else! If you need to blame anyone blame my advisors! And it might just work.

Hopefully, continuing to hold on to them in his own house for months after they were suboenaed while claiming to have already returned anything relevant should stick a fork in that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, jakee said:

Hopefully, continuing to hold on to them in his own house for months after they were suboenaed while claiming to have already returned anything relevant should stick a fork in that one.

When you're down to hopefully you're down to the quality of your defense lawyers. Don't anyone for a second believe there isn't wiggle room in this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

No one ever told me no or to stop it or else! If you need to blame anyone blame my advisors! And it might just work.

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Unless you are part of the powerful elite that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. Sanity check time. This is where we are.

This is a tweet from a professional politician advocating murder of federal agents. FBI, IRS, ATF, whatever.


If you can read this tweet and not go ‘however we got here, it’s fucked up and it needs to stop’ then you’re part of the problem.

 

 

6BAE56C2-E88A-49E9-A7E3-7D3529378018.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ryoder said:

Mark Lombardo is running in the FL primary against Matt Gaetz. Guess who he is accusing of being the Mar-A-Lago Mole:

 

Funny.

News: "Matt Gaetz under investigation for trafficking in underage girls for purposes of sex."
Republicans: "BORING.  Witch hunt.  Hunter Biden's laptop.  No evidence."

News: "Matt Gaetz is weak in his worship of Trump."
Republicans: "WHAAAAT?  That is unconscionable!  Immoral!  Why, even the accusation is enough to disqualify him!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, billvon said:

Funny.

News: "Matt Gaetz under investigation for trafficking in underage girls for purposes of sex."
Republicans: "BORING.  Witch hunt.  Hunter Biden's laptop.  No evidence."

News: "Matt Gaetz is weak in his worship of Trump."
Republicans: "WHAAAAT?  That is unconscionable!  Immoral!  Why, even the accusation is enough to disqualify him!"

GOP contortions of the mind are akin to a snake getting tased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

GOP contortions of the mind are akin to a snake getting tased.

They're a clever bunch, that's for certain.

Bo Hines, the 26-year-old Republican nominee for North Carolina’s 13th District:

“A lot of people have likened the situation going on right now, is, you know, they say we’re in a banana republic,” Hines said on a radio show. “I think that’s an insult to Banana Republics across the country. I mean, at least the manager of Banana Republic, unlike our president, knows where he is and why he’s there and what he’s doing.” 

Of course, when it was explained to him he said he was just making a funny. It's a joke, alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

“I think that’s an insult to Banana Republics across the country.

At least he admits that's what the gerrymandered, unrepresentative red state assemblies are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

They're a clever bunch, that's for certain....

From another trump endorsed GOP wannabe: "Former Giants running back Herschel Walker is skeptical about evolution.

The Georgia senate candidate shared his confusion during a Sunday visit to Sugar Hill Church in Georgia. His inquiry came just under an hour into a service that lasted roughly 82 minutes.

“At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not?” Walker asked churchgoers. But Walker seems to be under the impression scientists believe modern-day apes turn into people. “If that is true, why are there still apes?” the Republican candidate wondered. “Think about it.”

There is a reason why trump endorsed these two men. They appeal to his base and 'I love the poorly educated'

Edited by Phil1111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

From another trump endorsed GOP wannabe: "Former Giants running back Herschel Walker is skeptical about evolution.

The Georgia senate candidate shared his confusion during a Sunday visit to Sugar Hill Church in Georgia. His inquiry came just under an hour into a service that lasted roughly 82 minutes.

“At one time, science said man came from apes, did it not?” Walker asked churchgoers. But Walker seems to be under the impression scientists believe modern-day apes turn into people. “If that is true, why are there still apes?” the Republican candidate wondered. “Think about it.”

There is a reason why trump endorsed these to men. They appeal to his base and 'I love the poorly educated'

After the last several years I too am skeptical about evolution. Devolution, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

After the last several years I too am skeptical about evolution. Devolution, not so much.

Oh, evolution as a theory and a process is pretty solid.

What's happened with people is that any real 'evolutionary pressure' has been removed.
For maybe 100 years, we (as a society as a whole) have made survival of everyone a priority and a goal (minus a few genocides here & there).
So 'survival of the fittest' or 'survival of the strongest' or 'survival of the most adaptable' (all three of which are important in evolution) hasn't been an issue.
So the unfit, the weak and those unwilling or unable to adapt to change have survived things that historically would have removed them from the gene pool (personally, I survived pneumonia as a kid and appendicitis - both of which would likely have killed me 150 or 200 years ago). 

Then, along comes Covid. We find out it attacks the weak. It attacks the stupid. It attacks those unwilling to do the barest minimum to prevent the spread of it. 

And well over a million people have died of it in the US alone.

Not entirely sure how I feel about that, but for the most part, after seeing the types of idiots who refuse to believe it's real, I'm not all that sad.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh, evolution as a theory and a process is pretty solid.

What's happened with people is that any real 'evolutionary pressure' has been removed.
For maybe 100 years, we (as a society as a whole) have made survival of everyone a priority and a goal (minus a few genocides here & there).
So 'survival of the fittest' or 'survival of the strongest' or 'survival of the most adaptable' (all three of which are important in evolution) hasn't been an issue.
So the unfit, the weak and those unwilling or unable to adapt to change have survived things that historically would have removed them from the gene pool (personally, I survived pneumonia as a kid and appendicitis - both of which would likely have killed me 150 or 200 years ago). 

Then, along comes Covid. We find out it attacks the weak. It attacks the stupid. It attacks those unwilling to do the barest minimum to prevent the spread of it. 

And well over a million people have died of it in the US alone.

Not entirely sure how I feel about that, but for the most part, after seeing the types of idiots who refuse to believe it's real, I'm not all that sad.

Thanks Joe, well explained. Now I believe in evolution, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Oh, evolution as a theory and a process is pretty solid....
Not entirely sure how I feel about that, but for the most part, after seeing the types of idiots who refuse to believe it's real, I'm not all that sad.

So you're saying that evolution will gradually kill off republicans and trumpists? That there is hope?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phil1111 said:

So you're saying that evolution will gradually kill off republicans and trumpists? That there is hope?

News flash - they're all going to die.

The Woke crowd are giving them a run for their money in the competition for the greatest wellspring of raw stupidity.

 

BSBD,

Winsor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winsor, I think Woke is as much as anything about respect. Sometimes it's about bowing backwards to show respect, out of a feeling that respect was inadequately shown in the past. I see that as sometimes misguided when pushed too far, or when respect is demanded (especially when it's demanded for a third party), but it's still rather different from the demanding of respect for one's self of the "I define America's ethos and culture" crowd.

Wendy P.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, winsor said:

News flash - they're all going to die.

The Woke crowd are giving them a run for their money in the competition for the greatest wellspring of raw stupidity.

 

BSBD,

Winsor 

There are extremes to wokeness as there are extremes to everything, including empathy, which is really what wokeness is for most people even if they aren't aware. Given the whirling panorama of absurdities that comprises so much of our view these days, I'm thinking that lathering on a little extra empathy sometimes may not be such a bad thing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lippy said:

Rumble.com is the bastard lovechild of Netflix and the Epoch Times.  Not that you're at risk of having anybody here take you seriously....

I suggest you read the 10 laws of argumentative speech(Logic 101)... You'll be amazed how many you have violated ..rotflmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1