1 1
billvon

Excuses for the FBI search

43 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I can understand the confusion, sometimes you need somebody authoritative to explain things for you:

image.png.1f7f94e020bc4015abaecea4333fea83.png

5 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Trump is dishonest enough without you inventing stuff. That is not how the documents were found

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

I mean, you could be unlike Brent and read the actual file. Not hard to find:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.0_1.pdf

and then you would see that written about Attachment F (the picture) is the following:

Attachment F (redacted FBI photograph of certain documents and classified cover sheets recovered from a container in the “45 office”).

Am assuming you understand what "recovered from a container" means?

No, you aren't clever or correct. I did not post an article unread like Brent. I posted a picture from the Washington Post which, and I hope you'll trust my word, I looked at before posting. I added a sarcastic byline and moved on without further thought. It was you, three posts into your irritation that posted the filing, not I. No doubt there are other things you are thinking about that I'm not and, likewise, I won't until you bring them to my attention. Tell the truth, you're just irritated that in the post immediately prior I took a swat at your homeland, right.

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

That's just ridiculous and you should know it. The Alliance I referred to isn't the US it's the NATO Alliance, you should know that, too. Be grateful that the US has enough taxpayer paid for arms ready to go to counter Russia's expansionist goals in Eastern Europe. Please don't forget that Canada agreed to pay 2% GDP on defense with 20% of that going to home grown weapons R&D. But they didn't and you are welcome.

We all appreciate it. Don't forget Canada increased spending 30% on defense from 2014  Canada does other valuable things for the befit of the US.

The US doesn't want non-white immigrants. Canada accepts tens of thousands of very wealthy Chinese immigrants that the US doesn't want.We give them a place to invest their millions that the US doesn't want or evidently need.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

We all appreciate it. Don't forget Canada increased spending 30% on defense from 2014  Canada does other valuable things for the befit of the US.

The US doesn't want non-white immigrants. Canada accepts tens of thousands of very wealthy Chinese immigrants that the US doesn't want.We give them a place to invest their millions that the US doesn't want or evidently need.

You're welcome.

I know it's not a one way street, I'm probably too sensitive about the defense spending thing and need to tone it down. We're idiots on immigration. We can't find workers to do about anything yet don't see the connection. That said, I will take a wait and see on how it works out with the wealthy Chinese.

On 8/31/2022 at 4:39 AM, JoeWeber said:

Even now large law firm types and their bosses think twice before not representing a former and possible next president. Don McGahn wanted to quit the bastard when he was White House counsel but his actual bosses at Jones Day put the kibosh on it. I guess it's a credential worth a lot of inflated billable hours.

I think that’s changed a lot since Jan 6th. Not only do the major law firms not think the publicity is such a good idea anymore, Trump is now used to having lawyers like the Kraken lady who will parrot every outlandish thing he says, and file in court things that no competent lawyer who wants to stay in the Bar would ever file.

LegalEagle broke down some of the latest mistakes by his current team that includes high powered individuals like a random insurance lawyer from Maine (or something) including submitting motions to Judges who are completely unconnected to the case, and being unable to even properly file the request to practice in Florida as an out of state lawyer.

There are details in the filings they did manage to make that seem like they’ve been dictated directly by Trump and are so legally baseless as to be downright incriminating.

Mr Trump's legal team contended he had been engaged in a "standard give-and-take" with the National Archives over the return of his files when the search warrant was executed.

The archives were asking him (and subpoenaing him) to comply with the law. Only Trump would think openly declaring that he was trying to negotiate his way out of following all of the law is a smart thing to do in court.

“There is no question... that the matters before this court centre around the possession, by a president, of his own presidential records," 

Again, the law is so clear. They’re not his records. He’s not supposed to have possession of them, that’s the entire point of the PRA. They belong to the country, not to him.

“The notion that Presidential records would contain sensitive information should have never been cause for alarm."

Right, they never should have been cause for alarm because they should have been secured in a government facility not the unlocked basement of a commercial premises open to the public.

If this is the best they’ve got I think he’s actually fucked this time.

Edited by jakee

2 minutes ago, jakee said:

I think that’s changed a lot since Jan 6th. ....

If this is the best they’ve got I think he’s actually fucked this time.

He sits on an ambulance packed with $250 million in cash. Thats reason enough to attract lawyers like flies to a shit pile on a hot Texas summer day.

3 minutes ago, olofscience said:

His choice of username is even quite strange. Why call yourself "Slim King" when in fact he wants Trump to be King?

Well we all know America isn't a democracy. That the GOP has the SC packed with conservative lying hacks. perhaps if they can fit trump into the position of King. Even Chris Christie will fit down that rabbit burrow of GOP BS.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Either you believe Trump  has random government documents just lying around on the floor of his mansion in Mar-A-Lago for his  family to walk all over, or you realize that this photo was STAGED by the FBI ... God gave you the ability to think logically ... Now use it......

Which kind of logic? Deductive or inductive logic?

Remember, there has to be no gaps for it to be valid. Which probably disqualifies whatever you're thinking.

The FBI, in their statement, said these documents were removed from a box that came from random places in the Trump residence at Mar a Lago. They were showing that, in fact, they were real documents, but not indicating that's how they were found.

Yes, some people took it that way. Some people (who shall remain nameless) even spread that implication, thinking it funny. Kind of like how some people took the "Obama was a Muslim born in Kenya" and ran with it.

Wendy P.

• Like 2

If the trumpets want to prove the FBI staged the photo, in a court of law, they need to:

1. Establish that the FBI had a motive for doing so
  2. Show that the FBI had means of doing so,
  3. Show irrefutable evidence that they actually DID so
  4. exclude the possibility that they did otherwise.

I have the feeling that the trumpets will have about as much success with this as proving that the 2020 election was stolen.

Edited by olofscience

48 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Either you believe Trump  has random government documents just lying around on the floor of his mansion in Mar-A-Lago for his  family to walk all over, or you realize that this photo was STAGED by the FBI ... God gave you the ability to think logically ... Now use it......

Or you can believe the truth. This picture was created by the FBI the same way that pictures of evidence are taken in almost every case ever prosecuted. It is a typical practice for law enforcement to place the evidence in viewable form to capture a photo just like, this with an evidence marker and a ruler for scale. The FBI did not in any way claim that this is the way the documents were found. Quite the contrary, they made it clear that they found this evidence of a crime in various locations. Ever see a photo after a drug bust, you will see drugs, guns, cash and other objects all on a table or floor, just like this with an evidence marker and ruler. I am sorry that you are having trouble understanding this. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Slim King said:

It seems obvious that many of you are being psychologically manipulated. The picture is staged. If you can't see that then the illusion is complete. No photo is needed because they took the files with them. Time and time again you hear from the FBI that they can't reveal evidence while in an investigation ... But here we are .... The FBI releasing a staged photo. And you are falling into the deceptive trap.

Just as I predicted, you don't have any evidence do you :rofl: "trust me it's staged"...right.