1 1
billvon

Excuses for the FBI search

2 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

Who the actual fuck is this "Big Guy"?

Outrageous claims, lots of caps & punctuation.
Lots of noise, no actual substance.
No proof at all. Not even something as stupid as "Epoch Times" or "Western Journal".

See a pattern?

Excuse me if I'm getting a little wet eyed over this but I'm getting to where I sorta miss 'ol RushMC.

(edited)
1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Trump's fundraising extends massive $122 million war chest "He raised $51M in the second half of 2021, down from $82M in the first half." 2021

"The former president's fundraising committee brought in $17 million this quarter, bringing the half-year total to $36 million, per the Post." 2022...The Post noted that these numbers do not include donations made to Trump's Save America PAC.

"over $105 million — is in Save America PAC, which wouldn’t be able to transfer that money into a prospective future Trump campaign. But the former president can spend it at will to affect the 2022 midterms, and his ability to raise so much money in the first place highlights his singular position in the GOP."

So right now trump has $227 million more or less. As long as there are stupid, uneducated, gullible republicans he will be flush with cash.

Oh and since he usually stiffs the lawyers that will still leave him with the aforementioned $227 million.

Edited by Phil1111

54 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Even for known reprobates?

Even now large law firm types and their bosses think twice before not representing a former and possible next president. Don McGahn wanted to quit the bastard when he was White House counsel but his actual bosses at Jones Day put the kibosh on it. I guess it's a credential worth a lot of inflated billable hours.

One of the latest DoJ filings regarding the previous visit of the FBI to Mar A Lago rips the Fox News talking points and excuses to absolute shreds.

”Why did they need a search warrant? They just had to ask and he’d have handed them over!”

That the FBI, in a matter of hours, recovered twice as many documents with classification markings as the 'diligent search' that the former president's counsel and other representatives had weeks to perform...casts doubt on the extent of cooperation in this matter,"

”Why did they need a search warrant now? They’d could have just collected everything when they visited in June. It’s a setup!”

Critically, however, the former president's counsel explicitly prohibited government personnel from opening or looking inside any of the boxes that remained in the storage room, giving no opportunity for the government to confirm that no documents with classification markings remained."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62732836

25 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No way would any Russian or Chinese agents be clever enough to spot these on the carpet.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.20.17 AM.png

The whole Trump event is epic. It will be remembered as a pivotal moment in the relative decline of the USA in importance on the world stage.

7 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

The whole Trump event is epic. It will be remembered as a pivotal moment in the relative decline of the USA in importance on the world stage.

No kidding. It won't be long until we're as useful to the rest of the alliance as Canada.

8 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

I was in Italy just before the 2016 election. One shuttle driver I was chatting with said that he and his friends were all kind of hoping that the US would elect Trump, because it’d make the rest of the world forget Berlusconi. But he didn’t think the US would be that dumb

Wendy P. 

5 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

No kidding. It won't be long until we're as useful to the rest of the alliance as Canada.

It's all relative Joe. Canada is important to US security. Just like the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are. We are a nearly impenetrable barrier leaving the Mexican border as the only practical invasion point for you to defend. You're welcome. 

30 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

It's all relative Joe. Canada is important to US security. Just like the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans are. We are a nearly impenetrable barrier leaving the Mexican border as the only practical invasion point for you to defend. You're welcome. 

That's just ridiculous and you should know it. The Alliance I referred to isn't the US it's the NATO Alliance, you should know that, too. Be grateful that the US has enough taxpayer paid for arms ready to go to counter Russia's expansionist goals in Eastern Europe. Please don't forget that Canada agreed to pay 2% GDP on defense with 20% of that going to home grown weapons R&D. But they didn't and you are welcome.

1 hour ago, JoeWeber said:

Well, apparently this was the image the DOJ included in their court filing. Do you have better information?

I mean, you could be unlike Brent and read the actual file. Not hard to find:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.0_1.pdf

and then you would see that written about Attachment F (the picture) is the following:

Attachment F (redacted FBI photograph of certain documents and classified cover sheets recovered from a container in the “45 office”).

Am assuming you understand what "recovered from a container" means?

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I mean, you could be unlike Brent and read the actual file. Not hard to find:

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.48.0_1.pdf

and then you would see that written about Attachment F (the picture) is the following:

Am assuming you understand what "recovered from a container" means?

And you could be less like you, I suppose. It wasn’t an authoritative post, just a joking observation. I followed it with enough of the photo to show the origin, a newspaper. 
But thanks for posting the doc in time to make an insulting comment.

4 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

And you could be less like you

I told you that isn't how they were found. You chose to just base your comment on a picture in a newspaper. When challenged, you didn't think to do a minimum of research or read any source document (sounds familiar to another poster here?) and doubled down.

I gave you an out, unfortunately for you you tend to believe you are smarter than most anybody here.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I told you that isn't how they were found. You chose to just base your comment on a picture in a newspaper. When challenged, you didn't think to do a minimum of research or read any source document (sounds familiar to another poster here?) and doubled down.

I gave you an out, unfortunately for you you tend to believe you are smarter than most anybody here.

Nah, just funnier.