B-17
Ford trimotor
C-123BK (loudest aircraft ever)
C-130
C-130 stretch
twin otter
CASA
Skyvan

DC3 ,King Air, CASA, Caravan and Twotter in one day. A good day til some french tourist assholes stole my camera. >:(
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Of all the stuff I jumped from the most interesting was the Ag Cat. Cause first we had to go spray the water melon field, before he would take me to altitude.
Worst thing was a hot air balloon. All dam day for one jump.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

Of all the stuff I jumped from the most interesting was the Ag Cat. Cause first we had to go spray the water melon field, before he would take me to altitude.

I gotta call you out a bit on this one.

How the hell did you jump an AgCat when it is, #1 a single seat airplane, #2 if it had an intact hopper for spraying, there was no where to put a second seat like Gene Soucy's ShowCat. #3 if all the above it true, then you just admitted to breaking about 2 dozen regulations in the process of your bandit jump...

SMH
Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-Engine Land, DHC-8
Commercial Multi-Engine Sea, Single Engine Land
Private Glider

aerialfx

I dont know how he did it but I just sat on the wing till jump time and then left but hey this is Africa... ;) BTW it was a test run for a stunt on Fear Factor here in SA

Not only against regs here, stupid as hell too.

That is how people get dead, like last year here in Florida... 2 hanging on the outside of a Stearman for an airshow demo of all things and one falls the hell off and goes splat in a neighborhood.

Stupid skydiver tricks never cease to amaze me sometimes...[:/]
Airline Transport Pilot, Multi-Engine Land, DHC-8
Commercial Multi-Engine Sea, Single Engine Land
Private Glider

yes...
stupid generally does NOT get you tooo Far, in our chosen Hobby. The Trick... is to be able to recognize it...before you step into "quicksand" :|

my list, going mostly from memory.
C 150
C 172
C 180
C 182
C 185
C 195
Tri Pacer
C 210 (rg)
C 208
C 208 B
Beech D18
Lockheed Lodestar
Turbine Beech ( with bubble windows ;) )
Beech Queen Air
Beech King Air
Mullins' King Air, ( which is in a Class, by ITSELF ) B|
De Hav Beaver ( radial )
De Hav Otters and Super Otters
Shorts Skyvan ( starting with The HERD Boogies )
CASA Aviocar
DC 3
Twin Bonanza
Aero-Commander ( once,, and THAT was ENOUGH:o:PB| )
Turbo Porter
PAC 750
Huey 1HUH
Hot Air Balloon
Boeing 727.:)
I've been More than satisfied with the variety of planes that I've had the pleasure to skydive from.......:)But IF I Had a wishlist, it would HAVE to include
Hercules C 130, Kodiak, Turbo-Let, De Hav Caribou and Chinook !!!!

skydive often , skydive safely , skydive with friends

jmy A 3914 D 12122

twatterpilot

***I dont know how he did it but I just sat on the wing till jump time and then left but hey this is Africa... ;) BTW it was a test run for a stunt on Fear Factor here in SA

Not only against regs here, stupid as hell too.

That is how people get dead, like last year here in Florida... 2 hanging on the outside of a Stearman for an airshow demo of all things and one falls the hell off and goes splat in a neighborhood.

You know that aerialfx does stupid stunts for a living? http://aerialfx.co.za/stunts.htm

Rob, here are some additions.

1) Cessna 206 and 207 may be equiped also with relatively large cargo door at the rear right side. Very good to dispatch students.
2) Also Beech 18 may have a left side cargo large door too especially the last built.
3) The Antonov AN2 I have jumped had a small side left door (see picture)
4) For the ramp or rear bay don't forget the Casa
5) one of the largest side door I have jumped was with a King Air 99 (Lodi)
6) see pictures of an Arava (jumped in Pennsylvania New Hanover 1984) and an Antonov AN2 (jumped at Gatineau Qc in 2012) included.
7) the Pac 750 XL (jumped at Rantoul Ill.) has also a left side door a bit smaller than the Twin Otter
8) there is a special category like this Carvair (see picture) where you climb in by the nose using a ladder but where you exit by a large cargo door on the left rear side.
The Carvair is a modified DC4 built for car transportation (see James bond Gold Finger movie) the one with a Rolls Royce equiped with gold bumpers.

The Arava has a double tail like the Beech 18 but the door is located on the rear left side (see picture)
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Thats the same boogie that I jumped the Arava at! If I recall correctly, they actually had 2 of them but banged them into each other parking them and only one ended up flying jumpers at that boogie. Also made my first DC-3 jump (The Bird Machine) at that boogie. I only had a 100 jumps or so at the time.

twatterpilot

*** Of all the stuff I jumped from the most interesting was the Ag Cat. Cause first we had to go spray the water melon field, before he would take me to altitude.

How the hell did you jump an AgCat when it is, #1 a single seat airplane, #2 if it had an intact hopper for spraying, there was no where to put a second seat like Gene Soucy's ShowCat. #3 if all the above it true, then you just admitted to breaking about 2 dozen regulations in the process of your bandit jump...

SMH

Sat on the wing. Same thing when I jumped an Eagle. And if you're worried about me breaking rules, you'll get writers cramp, making a list.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

jackwallace

****** Of all the stuff I jumped from the most interesting was the Ag Cat. Cause first we had to go spray the water melon field, before he would take me to altitude.

SMH

Sat on the wing. Same thing when I jumped an Eagle. And if you're worried about me breaking rules, you'll get writers cramp, making a list.

..................................................................................

Even an "African-engineered" rope would have kept that Florida fatality attached to the airplane until he was high enough to deploy a canopy.

erdnarob

Rob, here are some additions.

1) Cessna 206 and 207 may be equiped also with relatively large cargo door at the rear right side. Very good to dispatch students.
2) Also Beech 18 may have a left side cargo large door too especially the last built.
3) The Antonov AN2 I have jumped had a small side left door (see picture)
4) For the ramp or rear bay don't forget the Casa
5) one of the largest side door I have jumped was with a King Air 99 (Lodi)
6) see pictures of an Arava (jumped in Pennsylvania New Hanover 1984) and an Antonov AN2 (jumped at Gatineau Qc in 2012) included.
7) the Pac 750 XL (jumped at Rantoul Ill.) has also a left side door a bit smaller than the Twin Otter
8) there is a special category like this Carvair (see picture) where you climb in by the nose using a ladder but where you exit by a large cargo door on the left rear side.
The Carvair is a modified DC4 built for car transportation (see James bond Gold Finger movie) the one with a Rolls Royce equiped with gold bumpers.

The Arava has a double tail like the Beech 18 but the door is located on the rear left side (see picture)

1) cargo door Cessna 206 is my favorite airplane for doing tandems. The door is large enough that the student does not need to "help" with the exit and the airplane is small enough that it quickly fills and I can do a dozen working jumps in a day. With a Cessna 206, you do not have to wait for a dozen other jumpers to finish packing, finish reviewing their latest folly on video, find their goggles, etc. They are also cheap enough to fly that you can launch the occasional "one tandem" load without bankrupting the DZO. I am all about turning tandem students quickly and sending them home happy.

2) I have jumped a variety of Beech 18s with doors ranging in size from the original small oval that bruised a few ten-way speed star competitors. The tall rectangular, air-stair door on post-war H18s is much easier to get tandem students out. The easiest Beech 18s have double-wide cargo doors (ala. DC-3) that are almost as big as Twin Otter doors.

3) Sure most parachutists only use the small, inward-hinged personnel door on Antonov AN2s, but the cargo door can be opened as big as a DC-3's.

4) Sorry, but I have only dropped rubber dummies out of CASA 212s. We never climbed high enough to deploy a sport main canopy.

Arava has medium-sized personnel doors on the sides, but the entire tail cone can be removed to load bulky cargo or drop large, linked formations.

akarunway

***Let's see:

Caravan
PAC 750
Cresco
N2 biplane
a few hot air balloons
King Air
Beech 99
Porter
Islander
DC-3
B-17
Ford trimotor
C-123BK (loudest aircraft ever)
C-130
C-130 stretch
twin otter
CASA
Skyvan

DC3 ,King Air, CASA, Caravan and Twotter in one day. A good day til some french tourist assholes stole my camera. >:(
Fucking bad dude >:(

You are right. It was at the Herd Boogie Summer 1984 at New Hanover Pennsylvania. Exactly, one Arava wing tip touched the left vertical stabilizers of the other Arava. Both were grounded for maybe one hour and fortunately, we could jumped them again.
I had flown in a Cessna 172 from Canada for this boogie, and found out I had a flat. We managed to convince the Arava mechanics to find a suitable spare tire and install it. We sent him a good bottle of vodka for his services.
What memories !!!:$

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

twatterpilot

Thank you - I guess we doing it right then ;)

Most of mine below

Aero Comp - CompAir 7 SLX
Aeronca - 15AC Sedan
Aeroprakt - A22 Foxbat
Aeros - Aeros 2
Aerospatiale - Alouette II / Alouette III / Dauphin / Gazelle / Puma / AS350 B2 Squirrel
Airplane Factory - Sling 2
American Champion - 8KCAB Super Decathlon
Augusta / Bell - 204 Huey / 206 Jetranger / 206L Longranger / 222 / 407
Augusta Westland - 109
Auto-Gyro - MT Sport
AMD - CH640 Zodiac
Antonov - AN2 / AN12 / AN26 / AN32
Atlas - Angel / Kudu / Oryx
Aviate - Raptor
Beechcraft - Bonanza / Baron / Beech 18
Boeing - Stearman / CH-47 Chinook
Britten Norman - Islander
CASA - 212 / 235
Cessna - 150 /152 Aerobat / 170 /172 Skyhawk / 172 Diesel / 172 RG / 177 Cardinal / 180 / 182 Skylane / 182 Diesel / 185 / 205 / 206 U&T / 207 / 208 Caravan / 208 Grand Caravan / 210 / 401 / 402 / 406 Caravan II Rheims
De Havilland - Twin Otter / Beaver (Floats) / Tiger Moth
Dornier - Do27 / Do28 / Do228
Douglas - DC3 (C47) Dakota / DC3 Turbine (Turbo Dak)
ELA Aviation - ELA Gyrocopter
Eurocopter - EC130
Eurofox Aviation - Eurofox
Fieseler - Storch Replica
Fresh Breeze - Xcitor (PPG)
GAF - N24 Nomad
GippsAero - GA8 Airvan
Grumman - G164 AgCat
Harbin - Y12
Jabiru - J430
Jora - Jora Ultralight
Kitplanes - Bushbaby/ Explorer / Explorer Radial / Safari
LET - 410 / L-23 Super Blanik (Glider)
Lockheed - C130 Hercules / C130 L 100 30 (Stretch Herc)
Magni - M22 Voyager (Gyro)
MBB - BO105 / BK117
McDonnell Douglas - Hughes 500
Micro Aviation - B22 Bantam
Mil - MI 8
North American - T6 Harvard
P&M Aviation - QuikR / GT450
Pacific Aerospace - PAC 750XLS
Partenavia - P64
Piaggio - P166 Albatross
Pilatus - PC6 Porter
Piper - Pacer / Tri Pacer /J3 Cub / Super Cub / 140 / 160 / 180 / 235 / PA 31 Navajo / PA 31-350 Chieftan / PA 32 Cherokee 6
Pipistral - Sinus
Pitts - S2B
PZL - 104 Wilga
Rainbow - Cobra / Scout / Safari
Robinson - R22 / R44
Short - SC7 Skyvan
Sia Marchetti - S208
Skyreach - Cheetah XLS / Bushcat
Skystar - Kitfox
Steen - Skybolt
Solo Wings - Aquila / Windlass
Technam - P92
Thunderbird - Thunderbird Ultralight
Yakolev -18T / 52
Hot Air Balloons (11)
---------------------------------
www.skydiverustenburg.co.za
www.skydiveqatar.com

One of the most fun times I've ever had was at a boogie at an old disused Cold-War airbase in the Czech republic.

Some really random aircraft came through while we were there and we poured knockoff liquor into all the pilots each evening until they agreed to take us up the next day.

A Russian military helicopter with a crewchief who couldn't spot and a canvas bi-plane that couldn't get above 1500 ft were just two of the randoms that come to mind from that trip. B|

Skydiver friendly? Probably not. but skydiver fun? Sure! :ph34r: