2 2
JoeWeber

President Potty

6 hours ago, billeisele said:

Huh? They knew about the server and did nothing...well until after it was bleached and then did nothing.

Just as the FBI knew about the nuclear secrets Trump stole and did nothing - until well after he had a chance to sell the best of them to the Saudis.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

Just as the FBI knew about the nuclear secrets Trump stole and did nothing - until well after he had a chance to sell the best of them to the Saudis.

Which just might explain why Biden thought to have a face to face with MBS.

12 hours ago, billeisele said:

His mistake was not digitizing what he had and storing it on a server. Apparently, it's OK to have a server with restricted government documents in your home.

Getting past the poke above.....the server issue occurred under a less aggressive DOJ. Certainly Garland isn't naive enough to think that when the power structure shifts these type investigations will be aimed at others.

I don't know, maybe a war with total destruction of the power brokers would be a good thing. I wonder if it's possible to get back to a government that acts in the best interest of the people. 

5 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

What a beautiful example of traveling from being steeped in a narrative to an acceptance of conspiracy theories. 

The rabbit hole is deep in this one. Once again conservatives lay out the reasoning for war with the government and anyone who disagrees. Lay out why AR-15s and tens of thousands of rounds are necessary.

Right-Wing Pundits Are Clamoring for War After Trump’s House Gets Raided by the FBI “I am deathly afraid for Donald Trump. I would not put assassination behind these people.” Steven Crowder, a popular conservative podcaster, likewise joined the battle cry, tweeting on Monday that “Tomorrow is war.”...Others are saying they're waiting for Trump's permission. "When does the shooting start?" said one TheDonald commenter."

7 minutes ago, yoink said:
  • The document revealed that papers uncovered there were marked top secret, and some were so sensitive that they are only meant to be viewed in protected government facilities

And I bet you STILL nothing happens.

Only the foolish would take that bet.

Its ok, its common in banana republics and even S. Korea. Where just today the Samsung prince was pardoned. "Samsung's de-facto leader secured a pardon Friday of his conviction for bribing a former president in a corruption scandal(millions paid) that toppled a previous South Korean government, an act of leniency that underscored the tech company's huge influence in the nation." He "still faces a separate trial on charges of stock price manipulation and auditing violations related to the 2015 merger."

Everyone equal before the law.:D Surely nobody anywhere on earth is that stupid.

10 hours ago, yoink said:
  • The document revealed that papers uncovered there were marked top secret, and some were so sensitive that they are only meant to be viewed in protected government facilities

And I bet you STILL nothing happens.

I'm in favor of equality under the law.

Bill Clinton tried to use the UCMJ to shield himself from litigation during investigations re: Paula Jones et al.  That would have been great in that sanctions in the military become harsher as rank increases; an E-4 charged with adultery may get Article 15 punishment with a fine and the loss of a stripe, but a Flag Officer faces enforced retirement with the loss of a star.

I dislike The Donald and Hillary pretty much equally, and am fine with both of them facing consequences similar to those of an E-4 clerk taking secrets home, particularly after signing agreements of understanding that such actions are strictly proscribed.  This involves extended incarceration and being banned from elective office.

I am baffled by why anyone would stick up for any of them, particularly regarding violations of the Law, the Constitution or their Oath of Office.  It says a lot about people who are cool with it on their behalf.

BSBD,

Winsor

(edited)
4 hours ago, winsor said:

I dislike The Donald and Hillary pretty much equally, and am fine with both of them facing consequences similar to those of an E-4 clerk taking secrets home, particularly after signing agreements of understanding that such actions are strictly proscribed.  This involves extended incarceration and being banned from elective office.

I am baffled by why anyone would stick up for any of them, particularly regarding violations of the Law, the Constitution or their Oath of Office.  It says a lot about people who are cool with it on their behalf.

Why are you not adding Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell to this list as well? 

(Don't think Hillary took any secrets home, the concern was around her email setup. But then I don't think facts really matter to you)

Edited by SkyDekker
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, winsor said:

I don't like Hillary very much either, but comparing her to The Donald is like comparing someone who stole a Snickers bar to the mastermind of a heist of the bullion depository at Fort Knox.  There's no suggestion that Hillary withheld anything from the National Archives, nor that she secreted away defense secrets.  She hasn't stolen from a charity, run a fraudulent unversity, nor does she claim to now more about everything than anyone else in the world.

Viewed objectively, there's simply no comparison.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kallend said:

I don't like Hillary very much either, but comparing her to The Donald is like comparing someone who stole a Snickers bar to the mastermind of a heist of the bullion depository at Fort Knox.  There's no suggestion that Hillary withheld anything from the National Archives, nor that she secreted away defense secrets.  She hasn't stolen from a charity, run a fraudulent unversity, nor does she claim to now more about everything than anyone else in the world.

Viewed objectively, there's simply no comparison.

I think, but I won't say with certainty, that Hillary had one classified thing of some level concerning a call with the President of Malawi. That explains why we been over paying for Malawian groundnuts and head wraps and she should be held accountable. 

13 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Why are you not adding Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell to this list as well? 

This is simply the standard reply from a partisan when "their guy" does something wrong.

The other guy does something wrong - "She is a CRIMINAL and needs to be held accountable for her crimes.  It's a sad state of affairs when justice is discarded for political gain and blah blah blah."

Their guy does something wrong - "Well, both people did something wrong, no question about that.  Politicians, amirite?"

52 minutes ago, winsor said:

Laziness rears its ugly head.

Come on now buddy....you brought this game to the level of 'I know you are but what am I'...don't get pissy just because Dekker bested you with an 'I am rubber and you are glue'

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Seems honesty is not the best policy if you're a Wyoming Republican congressional candidate.

I know you think Brent is a troll. But are the results in Wyoming not proof that 65% of  voters in Wyoming not identical to Brent? They had interviews of voters in Wyoming in the last couple weeks. Without exception defense of trump in all respects was the theme for the newly elected republican representative voter.

Yes this was a primary, but its undoubtedly trump country. It makes you wonder if a connection between a love of Big Macs and ranchers is innate.

4 hours ago, Phil1111 said:

I know you think Brent is a troll. But are the results in Wyoming not proof that 65% of  voters in Wyoming not identical to Brent? They had interviews of voters in Wyoming in the last couple weeks. Without exception defense of trump in all respects was the theme for the newly elected republican representative voter.

Yes this was a primary, but its undoubtedly trump country. It makes you wonder if a connection between a love of Big Macs and ranchers is innate.

Just shows further violence and instability is inevitable.