2 2
JoeWeber

President Potty

Going to be hard to convince people that is a toilet in the White House, that it is his writing, that it hasn't been staged.

I am also getting very tired of "journalists" holding all this supposedly damaging information until they need it to sell books.

As always this is a nothingburger used to sell a book or two. Tired of it.

6 hours ago, jakee said:

The FBI thinks it’s a real somethingburger now!

Pretty please can it be something only a horrendously arrogant, narcissistic, egomaniac might do like, say, keeping the nuclear codes or something? Whatever it is, it seems certain that the evidence was both corroborated and would present an immediate, if potential, danger to cause Garland and Wray to green light the search warrant.

22 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

Pretty please can it be something only a horrendously arrogant, narcissistic, egomaniac might do like, say, keeping the nuclear codes or something? Whatever it is, it seems certain that the evidence was both corroborated and would present an immediate, if potential, danger to cause Garland and Wray to green light the search warrant.

https://twitter.com/BrynnTannehill/status/1556981527090716673?s=20&t=y80jz0eKtRzNciUzycMLkw

7 hours ago, jakee said:

The FBI thinks it’s a real somethingburger now!

Yes the FBI got the search warrant based on those pictures.......I don't have a very high opinions of the US Justice system, but even I would have a hard time believing that.

The search warrant isn't for document she got rid of, it is for documents he kept. IMHO there is only one reason he would keep them, which is to monetize them.

25 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes the FBI got the search warrant based on those pictures

That's a huge leap, and one I disagree with. After all, they already took 15 boxes of stuff from him a while back I recall. No, as I think about it more I'm having doubts that it's classified documents they're after.

Just now, JoeWeber said:

That's a huge leap, and one I disagree with.

Uhm yes, why I said I would have a hard time believing it.

1 minute ago, JoeWeber said:

No, as I think about it more I'm having doubts that it's classified documents they're after.

Until we see a copy of the search warrant we won't know. From what is public, it would appear it does relate to handling of classified documents. I highly doubt it was only based on him having them, they would not take this extraordinary step just for that. They must have had some pretty credible information about something that was done or was going to be done with those documents.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes the FBI got the search warrant based on those pictures.......I don't have a very high opinions of the US Justice system, but even I would have a hard time believing that.

It's not based on that - but both certainly speak to the same problem, the illegal retention and disposal of classified documents.  And if it ever does go to trial, the documents left in the toilet will almost certainly brought up since it speaks to a pattern of disregarding the law on document handling.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

the documents left in the toilet will almost certainly brought up

They will not be brought up in any legal setting. There is no way to verify. Even people like Heather Cox Richardson are very skeptical about those pictures. Maybe in some closing argument, if it would ever get to that. Definitely not as any evidentiary production.

2 minutes ago, billvon said:

It's not based on that - but both certainly speak to the same problem, the illegal retention and disposal of classified documents.  And if it ever does go to trial, the documents left in the toilet will almost certainly brought up since it speaks to a pattern of disregarding the law on document handling.

In any case conviction comes with a prohibition of holding, or running for Federal office. The R's, already hilariously calling to defund the FBI and for agents to be arrested on sight, will have a problem: what if after dragging it out for a year or so while running for office or winning he is then convicted? Might be that the VP slot finally is worth more than that bucket of warm spit.

2 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Yes the FBI got the search warrant based on those pictures.

What on earth would ever make you think that?

The search warrant isn't for document she got rid of, it is for documents he kept. 

Documents he kept because of his chronic disregard for the PRA, of which the documents flushed down the toilet is an equal part. It is illegal. He was breaking the law, he was categorically told he was breaking the law, he kept breaking it. That isn't nothing.

1 minute ago, jakee said:

What on earth would ever make you think that?

Because you tied the validity of these pictures to the execution of a search warrant.

10 minutes ago, jakee said:

Documents he kept because of his chronic disregard for the PRA, of which the documents flushed down the toilet is an equal part.

You don't know that. There is nothing in those pictures that would conclusively prove they pertain to records covered under the PRA. (they also don't prove they were actually discarded by Trump) There is so much wrong with hose pictures, which is why they are being used to sell a book years later....and not when it actually supposedly all happened.

5 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Because you tied the validity of these pictures to the execution of a search warrant.

You don't know that. There is nothing in those pictures that would conclusively prove they pertain to records covered under the PRA. (they also don't prove they were actually discarded by Trump) There is so much wrong with hose pictures, which is why they are being used to sell a book years later....and not when it actually supposedly all happened.

We're the internet, not a court, and bloviating is what we do. Nothing has been proven thus far, so that's not relevant. Could be all bullshit, we agree. However, the handwriting may be an analytical match for Trumps sharpie script and the toilets may be identifiable. No one can be wrong quite yet and we all can be forgiven for a little hopefulness.

43 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

No I didn't. You said the story about Trump's disregard for the PRA was a nothingburger. The FBI says it's a big somethingburger.

I have no idea why you're trying to weasel your way out of this. Anyone can make a mistake, it's not a big deal.

16 minutes ago, jakee said:

No I didn't. You said the story about Trump's disregard for the PRA was a nothingburger. The FBI says it's a big somethingburger.

I have no idea why you're trying to weasel your way out of this. Anyone can make a mistake, it's not a big deal.

I have no idea what you do for a living but you could become rich and famous by proof reading depositions for exploitable discontinuities.

18 minutes ago, jakee said:

No I didn't. You said the story about Trump's disregard for the PRA was a nothingburger.

lol, ok buddy. I am literally the second post under the pictures. The pictures are a nothing burger, cause they don't prove anything. 

I will leave it at that. You can have the last word after this.