Starx

Xmas gifts for skydivers

Say you're giving an xmas wishlist to someone, or say you want to get a present for a skydiving buddy, what are some good choices? The constraint here is that it should be of reasonable cost. We all have our eye on some shiny new altimeter or jumpsuit but those are very expensive. What I want are your ideas for casual presents.

My ideas:
* Earplugs
* Magazine subscription (but aren't we all getting parachutist anyway?)
* Skydiving themed t-shirt
* Book (Canopy & it's pilot or something like that)
* Jump tickets (though I think this one is lame, it's like giving money)
* Camera accessories (I'm thinking new gopro mount or something like that)

I'll admit I hate wish lists, unless the maker is 12 or under.

So I'll go with buying for a friend. There's gift certificates at the (preferably local) gear store; a good thermos so they can bring good coffee to the DZ. There's buying outside video for a jump you plan to make with them (or just a commitment for you to outside video the jump of their choice). There's arranging for and then paying for new brake lines if needed. There's getting an UnderArmor hood for winter jumping (they rock). There's even making a big batch of cookies so they can bring cookies to the DZ and be a hero.

Oh yeah -- a personalized bowling ball, with a very small note telling them it's a packing weight. :D Used ones are cheap, and magic markers can personalize.

It takes knowing the person.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Blue Skies magazine
Anything that wears out, goggles, gloves, rubber bands or tube stows, closing loops, slider bumpers, etc.
Look at some of the out of print books. United We Fall, Skies Call, Etc.
Packing knee pads
Go Pro extras, SD cards, batteries, waterproof case
Repack certificate
Hand warmers
Boogie registration fee