stayhigh

Any DZs that lowered their jump ticket cost?

Tokyo Skydiving Club has drastically lowered their ticket prices over the last few years. 20% for single jumps, and over 50% if you buy in bulk. My understanding is it has to do with the ownership of the plane being transferred to the club, or something like that.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Skydance did it about two years ago for a bit in June when fuel prices had taken a temporary dip. I think $24 jump tickets were going for $18 cash price. Good forever like a regular jump ticket. I think me and my better half threw down for about 150. Tickets did go back up to regular price shortly after that and have been that way since.

Airlines aren't dropping their prices with the fuel fluctuation either, but that is a much more complex scenario with fuel being pre purchased at bulk/hedging prices and all that jazz. You would think a smaller jump operation would be able to go up and down with the market more, but I am sure it's much more complex than it seems still.
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

Unfortunately, also - for whatever reason - Aviation fuels at the end-point "consumer" cost / purchase level, just don't "react" (downwardly anyway - they sure do go UP though, every bit as fast!!) - as linearly, or rapidly as other types of "consumer" level fuel supplies.

See:
https://www.airnav.com/fuel/report.html
coitus non circum - Moab Stone