3 3
brenthutch

What’s the difference

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

What does that have to do with you thinking the courts never make mistakes, and where in the article does it say it's justifiable to seek out a confrontation while heavily armed and use it as an excuse to shoot multiple people?

The only thing I'd need to learn to understand your need to justify Rittenhouse's murders is how it feels to think of yourself as a sheep. What is that like for you? What makes you think you can't cope without being protected by random children with assault rifles?

25 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If you will remember, the OP was a joke.

Which, as I pointed out earlier, happens to exactly match your serious views on the topic. Yeah, such a great demonstration of a sense of humour that is.

26 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I didn’t mean to trigger a sh*t storm.

That's what grownups call a lie.

• Like 3

(edited)
1 hour ago, jakee said:

Which, as I pointed out earlier, happens to exactly match your serious views on the topic. Yeah, such a great demonstration of a sense of humour that is.

That's what grownups call a lie.

If that is what you need to tell yourself, then so be it.  I am just an uneducated, knuckle dragging, homophonic, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, transphobic, white nationalist red neck. Sleep well my friend.

Edited by brenthutch

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If that is what you need to tell yourself, then so be it.  I am just an uneducated, knuckle dragging, homophonic, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, transphobic, white nationalist read neck. Sleep well my friend.

I did happen to find one of your fellow Republicans discussing the finer points of the 3rd amendment, or 2nd amendment, whatever.

Must be one of those minorities who are disenfranchise by Biden, which you are so happy to welcome to your ilk.

13 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

If that is what you need to tell yourself, then so be it.  I am just an uneducated, knuckle dragging, homophonic, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, transphobic, white nationalist read neck. Sleep well my friend.

Gunmakers made $1 billion selling AR-15s to civilians, study finds

You have a herd of friends, they have money and the law behind them.

"While gun manufacturers are profiting from the increasing popularity of AR-15 firearms, gunfire victims and their families are confronted with the equivalent in hospital bills. A separate report released last week by the U.S. Congress Joint Economic Committee found gun violence victims and their families pay more than $1 billion a year in medical costs."

I don't think you're a read neck though.

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

If that is what you need to tell yourself, then so be it.  I am just an uneducated, knuckle dragging, homophonic, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, transphobic, white nationalist red neck. Sleep well my friend.

You're not, though, unfortunately. You're educated and, within acceptable boundaries, smart; that's all that keeps me from blocking you, truth be known. Thus, I won't agree that you're a knuckle dragger. I'm without doubt that you're homophonic, whatever that is. The rest, well, I'm inclined to agree with the exception that I don't think you're a red neck.

What you are is outstanding at trolling and, to our consternation, apparently without any other outlet for entertainment.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

What does any of that have to do with your joke about Rittenhouse shooting people exactly matching your strident defence of the good Rittenhouse being completely in the right in shooting some bad guys? I don’t need to tell myself that, you’ve just spent three pages telling us that, with no ambiguity at all.

So again, as I said, telling a joke that exactly matches what you believe is not a demonstration of a superior sense of humour. Tell a joke about Rittenhouse being a murdering asshole who got away with it and then we’ll see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

What you are is outstanding at trolling and, to our consternation, apparently without any other outlet for entertainment.

It's pretty clear to me that your consternation, and that of a few others here is merely an act. There is a group of people in here who get just as much entertainment from the interaction as he does. I've come to accept it even if I don't really understand it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gowlerk said:

It's pretty clear to me that your consternation, and that of a few others here is merely an act. There is a group of people in here who get just as much entertainment from the interaction as he does. I've come to accept it even if I don't really understand it.

Always remember the brave posters who suffered defending your right to block. 

The take-home message of the Rittenhouse affair is, if you see someone entering a school through a side door while carrying an "assault weapon" you should not do or say anything, as they might just be there to protect the textbooks.  If you do try to intervene and get shot for your trouble, you are the bad guy.  You cannot make any conclusions about someone's intent based on the circumstances, even if you see them shooting they might just be defending themselves.  In America the person with the biggest gun is always right.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GeorgiaDon said:

The take-home message of the Rittenhouse affair is, if you see someone entering a school through a side door while carrying an "assault weapon" you should not do or say anything, as they might just be there to protect the textbooks.  If you do try to intervene and get shot for your trouble, you are the bad guy.  You cannot make any conclusions about someone's intent based on the circumstances, even if you see them shooting they might just be defending themselves.  In America the person with the biggest gun is always right.

Armed speech trumps free speech now. Exactly what the founders wanted when the wrote the first amendment. The idea, I guess, was it would be the first to go.

9 hours ago, jakee said:

What does any of that have to do with your joke about Rittenhouse shooting people exactly matching your strident defence of the good Rittenhouse being completely in the right in shooting some bad guys?

It has to do with the fact that he got you going.

48 minutes ago, jakee said:

So you both wanna pretend you don’t engage with him as well?

I don’t think this went the way Brent expected, but you do you.

Once I identify someone as a troll it goes on my ignore list and I no longer engage with it.

If everyone stopped feeding the trolls they'd get tired and go away.  Apparently it's too much to ask.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kallend said:

Once I identify someone as a troll it goes on my ignore list and I no longer engage with it.

If everyone stopped feeding the trolls they'd get tired and go away.  Apparently it's too much to ask.

Hi John,

I'm with you.  Often, I am VERY tempted to post a reply; but, that would just encourage them/him.

Jerry Baumchen

6 hours ago, jakee said:

So you both wanna pretend you don’t engage with him as well?

12 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Always remember the brave posters who suffered defending your right to block. 

Thanks guys. I suppose I engage by engaging with you. But the point still stands, shunning works but it takes a village.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Thanks guys. I suppose I engage by engaging with you. But the point still stands, shunning works but it takes a village.

That wasn't your point, at all. Unless you're Amish and living in an Amish village I really don't think you can speak to the effectiveness of shunning. Perhaps I can clean up your point a bit: I'm fucking up the program by playing footsie with Brent because it forces the innocent, more level headed, and better controlled, to read his horse shit. That much I agree with.

7 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

That wasn't your point, at all. Unless you're Amish and living in an Amish village I really don't think you can speak to the effectiveness of shunning. Perhaps I can clean up your point a bit: I'm fucking up the program by playing footsie with Brent because it forces the innocent, more level headed, and better controlled, to read his horse shit. That much I agree with.

Well......I read that it works. The shunned go away. But yes, you are among those who choose to ensure it continues. I'm not sure if that is masochism or sadism. I do know that it is slightly ridiculous to see you accuse him of only being here to get enjoyment from annoying people while you hand him exactly what he's after.

1 minute ago, gowlerk said:

Well......I read that it works. The shunned go away. But yes, you are among those who choose to ensure it continues. I'm not sure if that is masochism or sadism. I do know that it is slightly ridiculous to see you accuse him of only being here to get enjoyment from annoying people while you hand him exactly what he's after.

Do you? Whatever fills you day, I guess, even if that includes being well informed on a subject you argue is best avoided. In my view, and to keep with the OP, what's the difference?