3 3
brenthutch

What’s the difference

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

So was OJ.

Your justice system is an absolute joke. Money is the only thing the US cares about. And if money causes POC and LGBTQ people to hurt, than people like you love cheering for it.

The reason Rittenhouse was acquitted was because the DA & Judge 'tanked' the case.

It's really unusual for a vigilante to successfully claim 'self-defense'.

(edited)
7 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

The reason Rittenhouse was acquitted was because the DA & Judge 'tanked' the case.

It's really unusual for a vigilante to successfully claim 'self-defense'.

Conspiracy theory much?

It was the evidence that ‘tanked’ the case.  
Child rapist attacks child, gets shot

Man attacks child with skateboard, gets shot

Man attacks child with illegal firearm, gets shot

No need to overthink this it is pretty cut and dry.  I don’t understand why you can’t wrap your brain around it. 

Edited by brenthutch

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

No need to overthink this it is pretty cut and dry.  I don’t understand why you can’t wrap your brain around it. 

Child with delusions of grandeur (your own statement) drives hundreds of miles in order to threaten people at a riot while armed with an assault rifle. Just like the evil KKK wannabes who tried to claim self defence when they murdered Ahmaud Arbery… after they confronted him while heavily armed and tried to kidnap him. 

The course of events is pretty easy to follow.

5 hours ago, jakee said:

Child with delusions of grandeur (your own statement) drives hundreds of miles in order to threaten people at a riot while armed with an assault rifle. Just like the evil KKK wannabes who tried to claim self defence when they murdered Ahmaud Arbery… after they confronted him while heavily armed and tried to kidnap him. 

The course of events is pretty easy to follow.

1. I never used that characterization 

2. Less than 20 miles not hundreds

3. Provide aid and protect not threaten

4.  ‘Nothing like’  not ‘just like’

Your distress over this situation apparently comes from your lack of understanding of the actual facts on the ground (as opposed to the narrative you have been fed on MSNBC). Go back and learn what actually happened and your mind will not be so clouded by emotion (hopefully)

2 hours ago, brenthutch said:

1. I never used that characterization 

2. Less than 20 miles not hundreds

3. Provide aid and protect not threaten

4.  ‘Nothing like’  not ‘just like’

1) You absolutely did. Anyone who thinks they are a sheepdog thinks of everyone else as a sheep. Are you a sheep, Baa-Baa-Brent? Do you need to be looked after by children who think they can herd you?

2) Ok, he made a concerted effort to be there so that he could threaten people with an assault rifle in the middle of a riot.

3) Provide aid to buildings and property, by threatening people with an assault rifle. Again, he’d have been more help to the people of Kenosha if he’d just shot himself instead.

4) So alike. Hell, the DA there was going to do her best to let them get away with it too until the publicity became too hot to handle.

16 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Conspiracy theory much?

It was the evidence that ‘tanked’ the case.  
Child rapist attacks child, gets shot

Man attacks child with skateboard, gets shot

Man attacks child with illegal firearm, gets shot

What do the bold parts have to do with the case? Did Rittenhouse know those things when he pulled the trigger?

Just now, SkyDekker said:

So you just added it cause you feel that makes them more deserving to get shot? Makes you feel a little giddy and happy?

No it disabuses folks of the notion that the three attackers were peace loving victims brutally murdered by a racist vigilante. I’m just trying to help. Jakee mistakenly thought Rittenhouse traveled “hundreds of miles” to Kenosha.  We can understand how that type of misinformation might cloud one’s understanding of the situation.

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

No it disabuses folks of the notion that the three attackers were peace loving victims brutally murdered by a racist vigilante.

They were people brutally murdered by a racist vigilante, Baa-Baa-Brent. 

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

I must have missed something. When was Matt Gaetz convicted of any such malfeasance?

Same time as Joe and Hunter went down corruption. No wait, don’t tell me, that’s different. Of course it is.

12 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The court decided otherwise. 

The court found wrongly. Rittenhouse grabbed his AR-15, drove whatever distance, and interjected himself into a riot as a vigilante hoping to dispense vigilante justice. The saddest part of all of it is that there are so many people like you out there who find no wrong in why he was there at all. No one should believe it was right and no one should believe we are a better society when gun laws like we have make actions by kids like Rittenhouse probable.

• Like 1

(edited)
46 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

The court decided otherwise. 

So? They always get it right? Since you’re a sheep I know you can only accept what authority tells you but the rest of us are able to make our own minds up.

Edited by jakee

1 hour ago, jakee said:

So? They always get it right? Since you’re a sheep I know you can only accept what authority tells you but the rest of us are able to make our own minds up.

It’s called being a member of society. Make up your own mind on which laws to follow and which taxes to pay and let me know how that works out for you.

2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

The court found wrongly. Rittenhouse grabbed his AR-15, drove whatever distance, and interjected himself into a riot as a vigilante hoping to dispense vigilante justice. The saddest part of all of it is that there are so many people like you out there who find no wrong in why he was there at all. No one should believe it was right and no one should believe we are a better society when gun laws like we have make actions by kids like Rittenhouse probable.

Poor judgment?  perhaps, illegal? demonstrably not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Poor judgment?  perhaps, illegal? demonstrably not.

Poor analysis and worse moral judgement? Par for the course. The situation here is a punk kid who was legally brandishing an AR-15 while playing vigilante skated away from 2 murders and 1 wounding because of a stupid law that allows fools with assault rifles to interject themselves into a situation they are no part of and then claim self defense after they kill and maim. You don't give a rats ass because the gun, by extension, was found innocent, too. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

The court found wrongly. Rittenhouse grabbed his AR-15, drove whatever distance, and interjected himself into a riot as a vigilante hoping to dispense vigilante justice. 

Legally the court did not make any error. Morally, it's a different matter. Rittenhouse could have and should have avoided the conflict that led to him do those killings. And he had no need to carry that weapon which led directly to the conflict. 

Edited by gowlerk

19 minutes ago, gowlerk said:

Legally the court did not make any error. Morally, it's a different matter. Rittenhouse could have and should have avoided the conflict that led to him do those killings. And he had no need to carry that weapon which led directly to the conflict. 

If you arm yourself and enter a fray knowing that other armed and angry individuals are there and involved I think it's a fair argument to make that by doing so you should lose any claim of self defense. The court found otherwise.

• Like 2

(edited)
47 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

It’s called being a member of society.

Being a member of society means believing the courts never make mistakes? I’d say the opposite, but again, I’m sure it’s easier for you sheep to think that way. There’s safety in just going with the flock, and you need that.

47 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Make up your own mind on which laws to follow and which taxes to pay and let me know how that works out for you.

Rittenhouse decided not to follow the laws about murdering people and it worked out pretty great for him.

Edited by jakee

4 minutes ago, jakee said:

Being a member of society means believing the courts never make mistakes? I’d say the opposite, but again, I’m sure it’s easier for you sheep to think that way. There’s safety in just going with the flock, and you need that.

Rittenhouse decided not to follow the laws about murdering people and it worked out pretty great for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
learn

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

It’s called being a member of society. 

How fucking rich is it that you're taking a minor diversion from your thread defending the actions of Rittenhouse to school somebody on being a member of society.  

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lippy said:

How fucking rich is it that you're taking a minor diversion from your thread defending the actions of Rittenhouse to school somebody on being a member of society.  

If you will remember, the OP was a joke.  I didn’t mean to trigger a sh*t storm.