1 1
wolfriverjoe

Can't See What's Right In Front Of Them

So many of the 'fundamentalist Christians' love to take the Bible literally.
As actual fact.

One of their 'favorite' parts is the Book of Revelation. 

While most actual historians believe that the author wrote it as short term prophecy, with the 'antichrist' being Nero Cesar, most 'true believers' want to think it applies to them.

Even on here, there are some who think that the 'End Times' are approaching, and that Christ will return (latest prediction - 2050 or thereabouts).

So many of them see the 'prophecies unfolding before their own eyes', thinking they are going to be raptured.
They want to pretend that so many things are the 'mark of the beast'. Credit cards, bar codes, QR codes, and most recently, the imaginary 'microchip' that would be implanted via the tiny, tiny needle used for vaccination. This all despite the Bible clearly stating the 'mark' would be on the hand or on the forehead (hmmmmm.... What is it that so many of the Trump faithful wear on their forehead?)

It's even been speculated that Obama himself is the anti-Christ (yes, someone on here posted that - you can likely guess who it was).

The 'funny' part is that there is a LOT of things in Revelation that identify the anti-Christ. Not so much appearance, but behavior. Things he will do, things he will say, things he will get his followers to believe.

Would the Evangelicals actually RECOGNIZE  the anti-Christ if he was in their midst? Or are they so gullible and foolish that they'd worship him?

I've said it for a while that Trump bears a lot more resemblance to the anti-Christ than just about anyone whom the Evangelicals accuse of being it.

And they blindly follow Trump, ignoring his flaws, faults and just plain evilness.

I don't pretend to know the entirety of Revelation, or the Bible. I've read much of the Bible, but it's been a while.

Fortunately, there are some actual Bible scholars. Who DO know what's in it.

What do they think (or at least one of them)?

Betcha can guess.

https://www.benjaminlcorey.com/could-american-evangelicals-spot-the-antichrist-heres-the-biblical-predictions/

7 hours ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Even on here, there are some who think that the 'End Times' are approaching, and that Christ will return (latest prediction - 2050 or thereabouts).

Given the current state of affairs, would anyone return, let alone Christ.

1 hour ago, Bigfalls said:

Given the current state of affairs, would anyone return, let alone Christ.

I asked that question back when I was a kid.

Something along the lines of:

Since the people that claim Jesus as their 'savior' tend to treat each other in a way that goes about as far against his teachings as is possible, has he decided not to come back, that we'd just throw away his gift again?

Suffice to say that didn't go very well.

24 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

I asked that question back when I was a kid.

Something along the lines of:

Since the people that claim Jesus as their 'savior' tend to treat each other in a way that goes about as far against his teachings as is possible, has he decided not to come back, that we'd just throw away his gift again?

Suffice to say that didn't go very well.

Long hair, beard and sandles
And a funky bunch of friends
Reckon we'd just nail him up
If he came down again

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

Long hair, beard and sandles
And a funky bunch of friends
Reckon we'd just nail him up
If he came down again

Peter Pumpkinhead came to town
Spreading wisdom and cash around
Fed the starving and housed the poor
Showed the Vatican what gold's for

But he made too many enemies
Of the people who would keep us on our knees
Hooray for Peter Pumpkin
Who'll pray for Peter Pumpkinhead? . . .

Peter Pumpkinhead was too good
Had him nailed to a chunk of wood
He died grinning on live TV
Hanging there he looked a lot like you
And an awful lot like me

• Like 3