1 1
JoeWeber

Gas prices are crazy

31 minutes ago, Slim King said:

For my family that's thousands of dollars wasted in the last two years  . . .

My family isn't wasting any money.  We get 99% of our "gas" from the sun.

You decided not to do that and now you are living with the consequences.  What a cruel, heartless world.  You should get the government to solve your problems for you!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Slim King said:

All of this word salad and I'm still paying over a dollar a gallon more than under Trump. For my family that's thousands of dollars wasted in the last two years with Joes war on CO2 and fossil fuels. It's a scam. The dollar is dropping and the rubble is doing well. It's a big con game and the US politicians are playing right along. The losers are the citizens of the United States. Gas could easily be $1.89 again if we would start pumping full steam, reclaim thousands of good paying jobs and save us all lots of cash. America would be better for it. Make America Great Again!

Average daily oil production in the US is higher under Biden than Trump.

On 8/1/2022 at 4:52 PM, billvon said:

A bit of good news:

Almost a million EVs were sold in June alone worldwide.  That is about a million more people who won't have to pay for gas - and a million fewer tanks that have to be filled, thus reducing demand (and therefore prices.)

I got a buddy that was an early adopter of hybrid vehicles.  He was also a real gearhead that loved sports cars.  I asked him why he bought a Prius and he said it was that he hated Saudi Arabia and there was no better way to make them irrelevant.

58 minutes ago, NewGuy2005 said:

I got a buddy that was an early adopter of hybrid vehicles.  He was also a real gearhead that loved sports cars.  I asked him why he bought a Prius and he said it was that he hated Saudi Arabia and there was no better way to make them irrelevant.

Both the United States and Russia produce more barrels of oil every day than Saudi Arabia.

10 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

I have a plug-in hybrid; while I fill it more often than Billvon fills his, I'm still driving almost 100 miles for every gallon of actual gasoline I consume. The most patriotic thing I can think of doing right now is to drive it whenever possible on shorter trips. Also the most economical.

Wendy P.

20 hours ago, billvon said:

My family isn't wasting any money.  We get 99% of our "gas" from the sun.

You decided not to do that and now you are living with the consequences.  What a cruel, heartless world.  You should get the government to solve your problems for you!

Solar has its place

18 hours ago, d18125 said:

Last time I checked jump planes all run on fossil fuel (lots of it) and not solar panels lol. So many haters on here of fossil fuels it makes me laugh! Guess base jumping will get more popular when jump prices soar lol.   

and so does fossil fuels until solar replaces it.

You had to check that jump planes ran on gas and fuel?

11 hours ago, NewGuy2005 said:

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

I have a plug-in hybrid; while I fill it more often than Billvon fills his, I'm still driving almost 100 miles for every gallon of actual gasoline I consume. The most patriotic thing I can think of doing right now is to drive it whenever possible on shorter trips. Also the most economical.

Wendy P.

I hate the Saudi monarchy but I hate sending $100 a week into the air out the exhaust of my truck even more.

Here's another view, as compared with multiple currencies (from https://www.statista.com/chart/27939/strength-of-the-dollar-against-other-currencies/):

image.png.5c2a3c378b3edf7193d3a021e2e97696.png

In other words, inflation is a global, not US, problem. We're actually doing better than most of the other major economic powers. Maybe it's because of our awesome president!

Wendy P.

Why don't you post it? Make sure you take a similar time frame -- it's easy to select a short period that reflects what you want to show, but it's intellectually dishonest. So yes, it went up after the serious decline after the invasion, but it looks like other forces besides global inflation are affecting it. Maybe it's a sign that we should go invade another country, so that we, too, can get that war boost...

Here's one I found on tradingview.com (https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/USDRUB/)

image.png.548f6ba5be26b188561c399ce8a83264.png

Wendy P.

1 hour ago, wmw999 said:

Here's another view, as compared with multiple currencies (from https://www.statista.com/chart/27939/strength-of-the-dollar-against-other-currencies/):

image.png.5c2a3c378b3edf7193d3a021e2e97696.png

In other words, inflation is a global, not US, problem. We're actually doing better than most of the other major economic powers. Maybe it's because of our awesome president!

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy,

I could not agree more.

Jerry Baumchen

38 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

Why don't you post it? Make sure you take a similar time frame -- it's easy to select a short period that reflects what you want to show, but it's intellectually dishonest. So yes, it went up after the serious decline after the invasion, but it looks like other forces besides global inflation are affecting it. Maybe it's a sign that we should go invade another country, so that we, too, can get that war boost...

Here's one I found on tradingview.com (https://www.tradingview.com/symbols/USDRUB/)

image.png.548f6ba5be26b188561c399ce8a83264.png

Wendy P.

Hi Wendy [ again ],

You mean like this:  The Mouse That Roared (film) - Wikipedia

Jerry Baumchen

So we should be more like Russia? Trump would make us more like Russia? Or are you just sad that leaders here can’t get away with killing off their opponents quite as brazenly as they can in Russia?

And you still haven’t given any explanation, even a ridiculous one, for why it’s OK for Russia to invade Ukraine, but not OK for Ukraine to defend itself.

Wendy P. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wmw999 said:

So we should be more like Russia? Trump would make us more like Russia? Or are you just sad that leaders here can’t get away with killing off their opponents quite as brazenly as they can in Russia?

And you still haven’t given any explanation, even a ridiculous one, for why it’s OK for Russia to invade Ukraine, but not OK for Ukraine to defend itself.

Wendy P. 

His instructions have not covered those subtle geopolitical concepts because nobody has ever asked them before. Either in Russian Pro-Putin MSM, FOX viewers or the right wing forums. Where trump is secretly applauded for his thinking that when you have power or privilege. That 'I Could ... Shoot Somebody, And I Wouldn't Lose Any Voters'

OMFG. That’s quite a narrative. BTW, The UN didn’t promise not to let the US admit Ukraine into NATO. Even Gorbachev (whom you probably hate because he did oversee the fall of the Iron Curtain) said there was no such promise. Gorbachev also said that he thought it violated the spirit of the accord to let Warsaw Pact countries in (not just Ukraine), but not the accord itself.

Im sure I can hear that about Ukraine in the impeachment hearings. That doesn’t make it the truth. Especially because that information wasn’t a piece of evidence in the trial. Its recording may have been, but the content? Nope

Wendy P.