kvnhlstd

Hard Rear riser turn leads to spin

Remster

******On serious note, certain canopies will do exactly what you described.

Most of them will stop on its own. After like 3,4,5 revolution, if you don't have patience to wait for it then grab the toggle and make things even.

Can you imagine having that spin plus line twist?

Sorry I was late, I was busy giving bad advices on the other threads.

Luv it... Thanks for the "serious" input. I think this weekend I need to do a late afternoon high pull and play some more with it... see how long it goes.

The boogie isn't the best time for high pulls. Lots of loads, sometimes parallel jumpruns.

Ok Dad.... ;) We'll talk. Looking like we might be down Friday... sky vans all day :). I saw you are not on the schedule... I'll let you know once we lock it down.
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

Yes, it is normal. Making a hard turn though burns altitude.

Really try to keep a flatter turn on long spots, or harness input.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

kvnhlstd

Right... started the turn then just dove in to a right hand spiral dive. I was thinking that maybe I just pulled to hard on the right rear riser and stalled out the right side of the canopy causing it to dive to the right???

Could be. I'm not a rigger or canopy piloting expert, but I know it takes less to stall a canopy using the rear risers than it does using the toggles. I'm glad you had plenty of altitude.

Sounds like to me that your brake lines are to short. When you initiated the turn with the riser it probably stalled out that side as you said. I had a sabre 2 135 loaded 1.25 with old lines and really short brake lines. It would open up almost stalled out, and if I initiated a rear riser turn a little to hard with the brakes stowed it would helicopter stall.

JohnMitchell

***Right... started the turn then just dove in to a right hand spiral dive. I was thinking that maybe I just pulled to hard on the right rear riser and stalled out the right side of the canopy causing it to dive to the right???

Could be. I'm not a rigger or canopy piloting expert, but I know it takes less to stall a canopy using the rear risers than it does using the toggles. I'm glad you had plenty of altitude.

Agreed... Lucky I had altitude to recover.... bad that it made a long spot impossible to make back. minor complaint since landing out at SDAZ is better than most. Plus it turns into a treasure hunt looking for dropped gear. :)
Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson

Interesting--I have a Sabre2 210 also, load it right at 1.1. I have never experienced what you are describing. Bought my Sabre2 new--it has between 150 and 200 jumps on it.

I have pulled pretty hard on the rears with breaks stowed many many times and never had anything like you are talking about--makes me think that (as previously suggested) the canopy is out of trim or the break lines are short.

Offering this as a reference point on another Sabre2 210 loaded about the same WL, FWIW.