2 2
brenthutch

Avian Human Hybrid

https://news.grabien.com/story-girl-says-shes-non-binary-bird-because-birds-dont-inherently

I would like to get BillV’s thoughts on this because I think he….uh….zie has said he….uh….zie identifies as a duck sometimes.

Note to Wendy, the above is what we call a JOKE,

“joke
/jōk/

noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter,”

not a personal attack. Just like the monkey pox meme. 
https://images.app.goo.gl/nNKZEyPi9RSQGLVE7

Please don’t give me a time-out (again) for a joke.

Edited by brenthutch

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

https://news.grabien.com/story-girl-says-shes-non-binary-bird-because-birds-dont-inherently

I would like to get BillV’s thoughts on this because I think he….uh….zie has said he….uh….zie identifies as a duck sometimes.

Note to Wendy, the above is what we call a JOKE,

“joke
/jōk/

noun

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter,”

not a personal attack. Just like the monkey pox meme. 
https://images.app.goo.gl/nNKZEyPi9RSQGLVE7

Please don’t give me a time-out (again) for a joke.

You had a month and that's the best you could come up with for a joke? And you had to edit it, too?

44 minutes ago, JoeWeber said:

You had a month and that's the best you could come up with for a joke? And you had to edit it, too?

Well coming up with a good one is a challenge.

See, a guy wishes for something from a genie, and ends up with a one foot tall guy playing a piano, and he . . . oh, can't tell that one here.

A priest, a rabbi and a hooker walk into a bar, bartender says "what is this, a joke?"

Horse walks into a bar, barternder says "hey, why the long face?"

Three mathemeticians walk into a bar.  Bartender says "It's happy hour!  You guys want a beer?"  First one says "unknown."  Second one says "unknown."  Third one says "yes."

Construction worker walks into a bar, says "ow."

7 minutes ago, billvon said:

Well coming up with a good one is a challenge.

See, a guy wishes for something from a genie, and ends up with a one foot tall guy playing a piano, and he . . . oh, can't tell that one here.

A priest, a rabbi and a hooker walk into a bar, bartender says "what is this, a joke?"

Horse walks into a bar, barternder says "hey, why the long face?"

Three mathemeticians walk into a bar.  Bartender says "It's happy hour!  You guys want a beer?"  First one says "unknown."  Second one says "unknown."  Third one says "yes."

Construction worker walks into a bar, says "ow."

Two atoms were walking down the street when suddenly one exclaimed “Whoa! I just lost an electron!” The other atom queried, “are you sure?” To which the first one replied, “yes, I am positive”

Better?

2 hours ago, metalslug said:

Ah, c'mon Brent. We already have a 'woke is a joke' thread. Facebook has 58 genders and doesn't include this one. If you're planning new threads for each one of these you find it's going to get awfully cluttered in here. :|

Whether the article describes someone who is making fun of Woke stupidity or is, in fact, similarly delusional, it's fair game.

A lot of what Monty Python did was quite silly.  The problem comes when the humorless take their work as instructional materials.

BSBD,

Winsor

1 hour ago, winsor said:

Whether the article describes someone who is making fun of Woke stupidity or is, in fact, similarly delusional, it's fair game.

A lot of what Monty Python did was quite silly.  The problem comes when the humorless take their work as instructional materials.

BSBD,

Winsor

Hi Winsor,

Back in '64, a friend and I went to a movie theater & watched Dr. Strangelove.  We were the only two in the theater laughing.

Jerry Baumchen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Winsor,

Back in '64, a friend and I went to a movie theater & watched Dr. Strangelove.  We were the only two in the theater laughing.

Jerry Baumchen

Oddly enough, like 'Little Big Man,' 'Dr. Strangelove' was basically a documentary presented as a comedy (I, too, thought it was a scream).

Much though the Air Force claimed that such an attack couldn't happen, Kubrick evidently was remarkably close to the actual security protocols in place at the time - which were quietly overhauled shortly thereafter.

'Little Big Man' incorporated most of the details of 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,' but presented as a farce.

Monte Python's work often had cerebral underpinnings, though taken to absurd extremes.  I find it unnerving that people espouse an equal level of inanity with a straight face.

Then again, my guess is that "Q" generates the nonsense that powers the Q Anon movement purely for amusement.  It can be entertaining to generate a rumor and watch it take on a life of its own.

As 'The Refreshments' noted, "everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people...," and the far right and far left seem hell bent on proving that claim.

Humorless people are frightening.

BSBD,

Winsor 

7 minutes ago, winsor said:

Oddly enough, like 'Little Big Man,' 'Dr. Strangelove' was basically a documentary presented as a comedy (I, too, thought it was a scream).

Much though the Air Force claimed that such an attack couldn't happen, Kubrick evidently was remarkably close to the actual security protocols in place at the time - which were quietly overhauled shortly thereafter.

'Little Big Man' incorporated most of the details of 'Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee,' but presented as a farce.

Monte Python's work often had cerebral underpinnings, though taken to absurd extremes.  I find it unnerving that people espouse an equal level of inanity with a straight face.

Then again, my guess is that "Q" generates the nonsense that powers the Q Anon movement purely for amusement.  It can be entertaining to generate a rumor and watch it take on a life of its own.

As 'The Refreshments' noted, "everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people...," and the far right and far left seem hell bent on proving that claim.

Humorless people are frightening.

BSBD,

Winsor 

Hi Winsor,

Re:   It can be entertaining to generate a rumor and watch it take on a life of its own.

During the gas shortage, back in the 70's, Johnny Carson, on his monologue said something like, 'I suppose there'll be a toilet paper shortage next.'

Guess what happened?

Jerry Baumchen

1 hour ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi Winsor,

Re:   It can be entertaining to generate a rumor and watch it take on a life of its own.

I can't find the video clip of this, but I think it was in a documentary of Hunter S Thompson. The interviewer was asking him about his accusation that Ed Muskie was addicted to ibogaine. HST's response:

"I didn't say he was addicted to ibogaine; I said there was a rumor that he was. And this is true, because I started that rumor."