Drago

"That Guy"

Catfish is right, sounds like Dave had quit after his kid was born.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09jcMitUBzU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6bPRtLAXg
Not sure if they all did tandems though but they definitely jumped at Perris, from what I'm gathering Friedman, Ellofson and Mustaine jumped and Menza the drummer jumped only once on a tandem. The rest sound like they did it a few times. Man I miss old MTV when they had meaningful shit on instead of the crap thats on there now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJQCiYeVsco

Sounds like Dave had bet the band to go skydiving once their album "Countdown to Extinction" had went platinum.

I found a later interview and he says he did about 20 jumps.

Anyways sorry about the hijacked post, don't be "that guy"

Well long as I'm at it here's a cool promo involving MegeDeth and their Cryptic Writings album it really is too bad Mustaine doesn't jump anymore. Oh well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVFlvIzOUxk

Now can we please get some pics of that guys hot girlfriend please?

stayhigh

How good was he downwinder? Did he come back dirty?

If not, you are just jealous. Don't be that guy either.

That guy that I hate, is the guy that forces you to go downwind, "uh, everyone is gonna land downwind, what are you a pussy? I only have 1000 jumps and you have like 5000, you should go downwind with us."

Or that guy that forces you to go barefoot.
"Everyone on this jump is barefoot, what are you a pussy?"

it happens to be the same guy as well.

I fall for that one every single time. I fucking hate that guy. That guy makes a valid point tho right? Since I have way more jump number than that guy, and if he is taking downwinder at 10-15 mph. I have to go downwind at that point. Same with barefoot jump. The group's lowest jump number was 500 ish, and I had 5000+ at that pont.
Can't be labeled pussy in this sport. This is how people start base jumping off some bullshit antenna in San Diego. "What are you scared?" Add little bit of alchohol on top of it. Bam!!! First base jump.

Yup--it wasn't that long ago that using an AAD made you a pussy too. Then the Golden Knights started using them--and suddenly maybe the guy who was using one wasn't that much of a pussy any more. Doing stupid shit can make you dead. But don't worry--"He wasn't a pussy" will be on the tombstone. I stay faaar away from that type.

katzas

Doing stupid shit can make you dead. But don't worry--"He wasn't a pussy" will be on the tombstone. I stay faaar away from that type.

Hmm? It seems to me this is the "type" we should be reaching out to.

Let me explain.... I've always felt the real "Sky Gods" are the ones with serious skills born over time through hard work and dedication to the sport. There's a lot of these guys/gals around, but, they are hard to recognize because they usually don't call attention to themselves. You see, they're too busy working on their craft.

Also, I've found that the real "sky gods" go out of their way to pass on their knowledge/skills to us lesser experienced. They usually do this without expectation of payment or recognition. They just know that to make better skydives, they need to develop a bigger group of skilled people around them.

This "type" as you call them, just need to have a real Sky God take them under their wing for a bit. They'll learn the way. ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

katzas

Yup--it wasn't that long ago that using an AAD made you a pussy too.

I got one for my wife years back. Cool.

A year or so later, I ordered one at the DZ for me. The DZO said "Sure, but why do you need one?"

I replied "I don't know. I would just feel dumb bouncing with $1200 left in my checking account." :)