traceomac

Getting to Elsinore

Nothing goes to Elsinore.
As already noted, Ontario airport is the closest, and you will need to rent a car to drive down to Elsinore.
Another better option is to find a local jumper willing to pick you up and take you there.
Consider posting more details of your plans, and filling out your profile for more responses.
Good luck.

SmokeJumper

Nothing goes to Elsinore.
As already noted, Ontario airport is the closest, and you will need to rent a car to drive down to Elsinore.
Another better option is to find a local jumper ...

I might visit Elsinore sometime in 2015 too. Any idea on the cost of renting a car vs. taxi/Uber to and from Elsinore?

Similar question for Perris and Eloy too.

AlanS

***Nothing goes to Elsinore.
Another better option is to find a local jumper ...

I might visit Elsinore sometime in 2015 too. Any idea on the cost of renting a car vs. taxi/Uber to and from Elsinore?

Similar question for Perris and Eloy too.

Those are the DZs I visit the most. Here's been my experience:

For Perris/Elsinore, I've found car rentals at Ontario are generally quite cheap (I typically use Costco Travel for my rentals, YMMV through other sources). The distance from Ontario to the DZs is far enough that a taxi or Uber would probably be quite high and depending on the length of your stay you're generally better off with a car rental. There might be a Super Shuttle / shared ride type of service that would be lower cost to get you to the DZs. You could probably get rides into the grocery store or restaurants fairly easily by asking around the DZ, but you'd be stranded otherwise without your own car.

As for Eloy, Avatar Shuttle service runs from Phoenix to the DZ. Rental cars at PHX tend to be higher than Ontario but depending on the time of year you can sometimes get good deals.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke