1 1
kallend

Stupid is as stupid does

(edited)
10 minutes ago, kallend said:

She admits taking banned drugs into Russia.  How stupid can you be?

"American WNBA star Brittney Griner pleaded guilty to carrying cannabis oil on the second day of her closely watched trial in Russia".

Do you think that she should lie? To a Court? 

Edited by dgw
Reading the original post properly.

23 minutes ago, kallend said:

"American WNBA star Brittney Griner pleaded guilty to carrying cannabis oil on the second day of her closely watched trial in Russia".

She went to Russia in February.
5 days before the Russians invaded Ukraine.

That's how stupid she could be.

19 minutes ago, kallend said:

If she did knowingly bring it in, or even if she didn't scour her kit to make certain she wasn't carrying into an authoritarian country where it's illegal, tough shit. I remember back to World Team Russia when someone who had never traveled internationally asked if he could travel with me to learn the ropes. I knew he tooted and extracted a no confusion promise not to carry on the trip because I knew the penalties. We went through Prague for a few days and then on to Moscow. It was there I learned he carried the whole way. That was it for me with him forever. If you travel internationally with dope that is illegal where you are going you put yourself and others at risk. Don't do it and don't whine when you get caught.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dgw said:

Do you think that she should lie? To a Court? 

Are you sure she didn’t? 

For sure it’s one of those things that could easily be true. But confessions extracted by Russian police are even more ‘interesting’ than those extracted in US interrogations.

On 7/7/2022 at 3:53 PM, kallend said:

I have a feeling this wasn't the first time she traveled to Russia with the cannabis oil. She was travelling on the dime of an oligarch. I would not be surprised if in previous years this simply wasn't a problem.

However, in the end she went to Russia for nothing but pure greed and got caught. Hard to have sympathy or empathy for her. I believe she commented that the $225,000 she was making was too hard to live on.....

17 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

I have a feeling this wasn't the first time she traveled to Russia with the cannabis oil. She was travelling on the dime of an oligarch. I would not be surprised if in previous years this simply wasn't a problem.

However, in the end she went to Russia for nothing but pure greed and got caught. Hard to have sympathy or empathy for her. I believe she commented that the $225,000 she was making was too hard to live on.....

Right. Too bad the US Government can't simply tell her it's her own fault and maybe she should have tried for a Gold Medal in common sense, instead.

17 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

This facebook post addresses some of the things you mentioned. I don't completely agree with all of it, but it is definitely food for thought.
image.png.0d4f21b6579d0f402dee1b73e6adead2.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, okalb said:

This facebook post addresses some of the things you mentioned. I don't completely agree with all of it, but it is definitely food for thought.

I specifically do not agree with the argument that her case is pressing because she is black and lesbian in a country with negative sentiments towards both.

This wasn't an issue for her as long as she was getting a few million dollars.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

I specifically do not agree with the argument that her case is pressing because she is black and lesbian in a country with negative sentiments towards both.

This wasn't an issue for her as long as she was getting a few million dollars.

That was the part I had issues with as well.

Edited by okalb