yvanpec

international standard way of doin stuff.......

Read me again. I am talking about aviation more precisely airplane pilots, and they all use feet and nautical miles when talking to the Air traffic control. Same for navigation on the sea. I know Europe isn't a country, I come from there.;)

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

erdnarob

Read me again. I am talking about aviation more precisely airplane pilots, and they all use feet and nautical miles when talking to the Air traffic control. Same for navigation on the sea. I know Europe isn't a country, I come from there.;)

You come from the country Europe? :)

SkyDekker

***Read me again. I am talking about aviation more precisely airplane pilots, and they all use feet and nautical miles when talking to the Air traffic control. Same for navigation on the sea. I know Europe isn't a country, I come from there.;)

You come from the country Europe? :)

...................................................................................

Mr. ednarob was born in Belgium, but has lived in Canada for many years.

FYI I mentioned France using feet and nautical miles for aviation because I have been witness of the Pilatus Porter pilot at Laferte Gaucher (80 km West of Paris) doing so when I was jumping up there. Instead of citing the numerous countries of Europe, then to be concise, I have used Europe since all the countries there are using metric system. I have jumped also in Belgium and Holland.
Laferte Gaucher DZ doesn't exist anymore due to increased air traffic. Actually, only USA is not using metric system but some very high tech industries do and agencies like Nasa as well.
Thanks Rob to put the point on the i. Some people learn fast but you have to explain them for a long time.;)

Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

When I jumped in Austria, France, Holland, Portugal and West Germany manifest and skydivers talked about altitude n meters. Most of the skydivers wore metric altimeters. Often I was the only skydiver on the load with an altimeter telling how many feet I was above the DZ. Meanwhile the pilot told air traffic how many feet he was flying above sea level.