1 1
wmw999

Inequality and corruption

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, kallend said:

ACA ended up quite different from Obama's proposal thanks to obstructionism from the GOP.  You might want to check your history.

You assume that the idiots voting on it understood what was in it.  Just ask Nancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, airdvr said:

You assume that the idiots voting on it understood what was in it.  Just ask Nancy.

Hi airdvr,

As you should damn well know, those 'idiots' that you are referring to include members of both parties, not just the D's.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2022 at 4:18 PM, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi airdvr,

Then why did you not say:  Just ask Nancy & Mitch.

Jerry Baumchen

Because Nancy stated she didn't know what was in the bill she wanted passed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
28 minutes ago, airdvr said:

Because Nancy stated she didn't know what was in the bill she wanted passed.

Misquote (not that you quoted actual words).  Surely you are aware that any bill can be amended up to the last minute and the GOP offered scores of amendments** (mostly spoilers). So no-one ever knows what the final version will contain until it passes.  Nancy was correct.

 

** EDIT 160 of the GOP's amendments even ended up in the final version.

Edited by kallend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any of them did.  I'm not pointing fingers at D's.  The whole lot of them are blood sucking carpetbaggers.  Congress could take a decade off and I don't think we'd be any worse off, and in fact might be better for it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, airdvr said:

I don't think any of them did.  I'm not pointing fingers at D's.  The whole lot of them are blood sucking carpetbaggers.  Congress could take a decade off and I don't think we'd be any worse off, and in fact might be better for it.

 

 

Hi airdvr,

Then why did you post:  Just ask Nancy.

Jerry Baumchen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, airdvr said:

I don't think any of them did.  I'm not pointing fingers at D's.  The whole lot of them are blood sucking carpetbaggers. 

When someone who only ever supports one side of the aisle says “they’re all as bad as each other” it’s always just an excuse to ignore the bad behaviour of their side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, jakee said:

When someone who only ever supports one side of the aisle says “they’re all as bad as each other” it’s always just an excuse to ignore the bad behaviour of their side.

Yep.  Some tend to have two replies.

The other guy does something wrong - "See?  Those libtards/nazis are all the same!  Hypocrites!  Criminals!  Liars!  And to think you support them!  Pathetic."

Your guy does something wrong - "Well, everyone does it."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

1 1