fzsombor

The dream of a young skydiver

Hello everybody,
I really want to reach my dreams, the tradition of my family, and be a professional skydiver.

Please read my story on the link below, and if you can't help, or you don't want to help, just take care of other young skydivers in your area, and even if they can't afford it, just help them so their talent won't waste!

Thank you and blue skies!

http://igg.me/at/skydivingdream

I guess I'm old fashioned but I find this type of fundraising really distasteful. [:/]

Don't get me wrong, I'm willing to help out people who are just getting into the sport, but it's not going to be from just throwing cash at an online fundraising site. It might be by talking to them about what they're looking for in gear and giving them a heads up when I see a good deal advertised on the classifieds, or hear about another friend who's selling exactly what the newbie needs. It might be in doing a coach jump with someone for free. If I win something I can't use in a raffle, I'll look for someone who needs that thing or that discount and give it to them.

I'm willing to do that because I'm building a relationship with the person and I've gotten to know their circumstances, and because of that budding relationship, I want to help them out. Not because they said "please give me money because I really want to do this."

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

My grandfather was a soldier in the Army and after he demilitarized, he worked for the Air Force as a parachute test jumper. He was the No.1 skydiver in the country at that time.

What is your grandfather's name, and in what country was he No. 1?

KPup

My grandfather was a soldier in the Army and after he demilitarized, he worked for the Air Force as a parachute test jumper. He was the No.1 skydiver in the country at that time.

What is your grandfather's name, and in what country was he No. 1?

His profile says Hungary.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Interesting. I think ill start my own gofund me fundraiser titled "please help my dream of wingsuit proximity flying around the world because im looking for the cheapest and easiest way to do it, not bytailoring my ownlife around doing what it takes to make it on my own!"
gravity brings me down.........

I guess I'm old fashioned but I find this type of fundraising really distasteful.

I accept your opinion! But if you spend your last dollars on food, and just sitting on the ground, watching others while jumping, who can afford anything and you see they're don't want to step up, don't want to develop their skills, its just disappointing.

His profile says Hungary.

You are right.

Students who pay their own way learn more.

See what you can do at a dz to help pay the way: packing is a common one.

If you read my campaign, you can see, I work on the dropzone, since I was 15.
Here a packjob not 5-10$ just 3$... And a jump is 27-28$.
I'm also editing videos, and its the same 3-4$ I get after every tandems.
We only jump on Saturdays. 4-5 load/day. I pack 10 canopies, but after that, I'm fully exhausted, and don't want to jump like that.
I can pack also reserve canopies, and help my father who is a rigger. But I won't ask money from my dad, he gave me everything he could.
I thought about filming tandems, but I cant do that under 200 jumps, and we have only 3 tandem pilots, and they have their own cameramen.

fzsombor

Hello everybody,
I really want to reach my dreams, the tradition of my family, and be a professional skydiver.

Please read my story on the link below, and if you can't help, or you don't want to help, just take care of other young skydivers in your area, and even if they can't afford it, just help them so their talent won't waste!

Thank you and blue skies!

http://igg.me/at/skydivingdream

go get a fucking job.

I won't give you any money because I, like someone stated earlier in the thread, find it distasteful to ask someone for money to go have fun.

But I will give you the advice of doing like I did which is to go abroad to do some work at a dropzone where you will get paid more and have a better opportunity to increase your skills.

If it is really your 'truest' dream you should drop out of school and pursue a career in the industry. If you wont drop out of school, have some patience.

I think the back story is important. Not all countries provide the same level of opportunity and this might be a young teen. Not saying I would take this approach however, just think people should consider the possible circumstances.

Back when I started jumping as a spotty faced 16 year old, the ONLY reason I got off static line and onto freefall was the generosity of another jumper. For 18 months I spent every penny I had doing 1 and sometimes 2 jumps a month. To get off static line you needed to do more jumps than I could afford in a month. Unlike others who think someone like that shouldn't jump I loved it and lived at the dz on weekends. I would have carried on doing static line jumps as I enjoyed them.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

***[, watching others while jumping, who can afford anything and you see they're don't want to step up, don't want to develop their skills, its just disappointing.

its there money if they just want to have fun instead of becoming a pro skydiver or #1 in the country ( is that a thing in skydiving?) that is their choice

its there money if they just want to have fun instead of becoming a pro skydiver or #1 in the country ( is that a thing in skydiving?) that is their choice

if it's fun, when you can't stand up a landing, or can't exit or fall stable at 500 jumps, then OK

It is super easy to become a professional skydiver.

It is not that hard.

You just gotta show up to the dz, over and over and over again. Atleast that's how it works in US. You just show up over and over and over again and you'll find yourself with work.

There will be some locals who will intimidate you to move away. But just stick around and just show up over and over and over again.

I've seen bunch of flying rejects, fly camera and do tandems eventually.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

>But if you spend your last dollars on food, and just sitting on the ground, watching
>others while jumping, who can afford anything and you see they're don't want to step
>up, don't want to develop their skills, its just disappointing.

If you go the professional skydiver route, be prepared for a LOT of 'disappointing.' If, to you, skydiving is worth sitting on the ground 80% of the time, going without food for a while, packing while everyone else does the bigway, hauling tandems while your friends go to Nationals, then it might be a good job for you.

If, however, you are worried that you won't always be able to work on your skills, or are disappointed that you're on the ground a lot, then get a good job in the outside world and spend the money working on your skills on the weekends. Then decide later.

>I thought about filming tandems, but I cant do that under 200 jumps, and we have
>only 3 tandem pilots, and they have their own cameramen.

Even with only 4 jumps a week (easily paid for by packing) that's less than a year until you have 200 jumps.

fzsombor

I accept your opinion! But if you spend your last dollars on food, and just sitting on the ground, watching others while jumping, who can afford anything and you see they're don't want to step up, don't want to develop their skills, its just disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZIlAExvneo&feature=youtu.be&t=6s

Now you just sound judgmental, envious, and entitled. Sorry, you don't get to decide what other people choose to do or not do with their money and time that they spend in the sport.

There are many people who participate in this sport who are fortunate enough, and who have worked hard, to have well-paying jobs that they can use to fund their skydiving activities. Some people probably inherited a bunch of money and have never had to work hard at all and have a lot of money. Some people pay for their skydiving by working their asses off at one or more lower-paying jobs, living in a tent, and eating cheap food all the time.

Point is there are a lot of different ways people live their dream. And a lot of people don't ever get to live their dream for a whole variety of reasons. Life's not fair that way.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Being a professional skydiver is so easily achievable.

Get some thick skin and show up to Lodi. Bill Dause will make it work for you some how.

You only say one thing to Bill, and that is "Yes, Bill.", no matter what.

Now, if you want to become a lawyer, doctor, politician. Those dreams are very hard to achieve and takes way more money than skydiving ever be, and takes 1000 times more effort.

You get exhausted after 10 pack job? Are you serious or are you just trolling? Cause I'm the Troller on DZ.com and no one gets to bullshit here besides me.

If you wanna make some cash and do some skydiving by starting as a packer, you better be able to pack 4 in 20 min. From sun up to sunset.
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

You get exhausted after 10 pack job? Are you serious or are you just trolling? Cause I'm the Troller on DZ.com and no one gets to bullshit here besides me.

A rather high opinion of yourself.....:S
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

fzsombor

if it's fun, when you can't stand up a landing, or can't exit or fall stable at 500 jumps, then OK

if it really is like this you will be number 1 in no time