3 3
ryoder

CO primary results

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Good news: Indicted county clerk and wack job Tina Peters lost her bid for GOP Secretary of State candidate.

Bad News: Wack job Lauren Boebert won her primary.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/06/28/us/elections/results-colorado.html

Boebert opined thusly today: "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."

35 minutes ago, billvon said:

Boebert opined thusly today: "The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church."

Thus spake Zarathustra, well, assuming we are the evil side in the battle.

7 hours ago, billvon said:

But which church? The Jewish church, or the Muslim church?

12 hours ago, billvon said:

It's been a few years, but that's not how I remember the first amendment going.

12 hours ago, billvon said:

5 hours ago, ryoder said:

But which church? The Jewish church, or the Muslim church?

You know full well if the 'government' was directed by Muslims, those people would have a shit fit about "Sharia Law".

And pass laws prohibiting it. 
And ban mosques.
And prohibit headscarves on women.

If it's being directed by Christians, then it's all ok because that's what God wants.

1 minute ago, wolfriverjoe said:

If it's being directed by Christians, then it's all ok because that's what God wants.

And of course both Putin and large parts of the US Christian right believe their god wants Russia to control eastern Europe in the name of Her church.

23 hours ago, billvon said:

Good gawd! It's worse than that; The moron swears it is not in the constitution. Jump to 7:03 in this video for the actual video of her statement:

(edited)
7 hours ago, headoverheels said:

Is anyone viable running against her in the general election?

https://www.adamforcolorado.com/

I don't know much about him, but he graduated college, (as opposed to high-school dropout Boebert), so I'll bet he can read the constitution.

A perk of being an unaffiliated voter in CO is that in primary elections, you receive ballots for both major parties, but can only mail in one of them. So this year I mailed in the GOP ballot just so I could vote against Tina Peters.

Edited by ryoder

1 hour ago, ryoder said:

A perk of being an unaffiliated voter in CO is that in primary elections, you receive ballots for both major parties, but can only mail in one of them. So this year I mailed in the GOP ballot just so I could vote against Tina Peters.

Interesting. In Wisconsin, there's no party requirement for primaries. 
The only 'catch' is that you can't cross parties during the primary. That is, you can't vote for, say, a republican rep and then democrat gov.

I've voted both for the candidate I wanted, and for the opponent of the candidate I really didn't want. Party didn't matter as much as how much I wanted or didn't want a particular candidate.

26 minutes ago, wolfriverjoe said:

Interesting. In Wisconsin, there's no party requirement for primaries. 
The only 'catch' is that you can't cross parties during the primary. That is, you can't vote for, say, a republican rep and then democrat gov.

I've voted both for the candidate I wanted, and for the opponent of the candidate I really didn't want. Party didn't matter as much as how much I wanted or didn't want a particular candidate.

That was exactly how I worked it when I lived in Texas

Wendy P. 

6 hours ago, ryoder said:

https://www.adamforcolorado.com/

I don't know much about him, but he graduated college, (as opposed to high-school dropout Boebert), so I'll bet he can read the constitution.

Hi Robert,

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Jerry Baumchen

Tina Peters yet again. The stupidity of this fool is mind-boggling.

New arrest warrant issued for Tina Peters after she allegedly violated protection order, bond conditions

An arrest warrant was issued Thursday afternoon for indicted Mesa County Clerk Tina Peters — the second in as many weeks — after she allegedly violated a protection order and the conditions of her bond by sending an email seeking a recount of votes in the Republican primary for secretary of state last month, which she lost.