2 2
billvon

The end of the Trump era

I thought the perfect (and fitting) symbolic end of the Trump era was Rudy Giuliani holding a press conference talking about how the election was stolen at the Four Seasons . . . total landscaping garage, between a crematorium and a sex toy shop.  This was shortly before he literally started sweating ink, but I thought that press conference would go down in history as the most ignominious end of an administration.

But today we heard of a much better symbol for the end of that era.  The image of Trump, sitting in the back of the presidential limo, screaming "but I'm the president!" - and then lunging for the wheel to try to take control of the car and drive himself to his insurrection.  And the thought of how the Secret Service agents there treated him like a toddler having a tantrum, getting him to sit down and behave for his ride back home.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

I thought the perfect (and fitting) symbolic end of the Trump era was Rudy Giuliani holding a press conference talking about how the election was stolen at the Four Seasons . . . total landscaping garage, between a crematorium and a sex toy shop.  This was shortly before he literally started sweating ink, but I thought that press conference would go down in history as the most ignominious end of an administration.

But today we heard of a much better symbol for the end of that era.  The image of Trump, sitting in the back of the presidential limo, screaming "but I'm the president!" - and then lunging for the wheel to try to take control of the car and drive himself to his insurrection.  And the thought of how the Secret Service agents there treated him like a toddler having a tantrum, getting him to sit down and behave for his ride back home.

No way was Cheney bluffing on having the goods on witness tampering. I'm thinking it was a well aimed shot at turning the messengers. 

2 minutes ago, ryoder said:

Halfway through todays episode. So now I've learned we had a tantrum-throwing toddler in the WH, throwing his lunch against the wall, and on the floor. SMH

"No-one knows how to throw a tantrum better than I do"; D. Trump.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grimmie said:

The secret service is at fault here 100%!!

They should have had him strapped into his car seat with a Happy Meal.

Until he's spread eagled in front of the dais and Cheney is swinging the hammer while Thompson holds the stake I'm not wearing my party hat.

End of the Trump era?

In your dreams. Even if he’s not directly involved in politics in the next few years (and I think he will be) the damage he’s done to societal norms will be felt for decades, if not longer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grimmie said:

The secret service is at fault here 100%!!

They should have had him strapped into his car seat with a Happy Meal.

Naw, they should have let him go there, and filmed him crowing  

Wendy P. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, yoink said:

In your dreams. Even if he’s not directly involved in politics in the next few years (and I think he will be) the damage he’s done to societal norms will be felt for decades, if not longer.

I continue to believe that he is more symptom than disease, which is probably less comforting than attributing our current disfunction as direct damage from the Mango Mussolini. The only way I can reconcile where we are today is with the belief that there is a larger festering disease in our society and politics.

I used to consider myself more conservative and I can confidently say that 15 year younger me never would have voted for this clown or condoned any of these actions, and I would like to think that most of my friends and family would have also been horrified. 

Fast forward to more present day, and all through the primaries I had been telling my conservative friends that he was the biggest pile of shit in the long long history of that biological process, totally unfit to lead. Meanwhile they were turning the cognitive dissonance dial up to 11.

Edited by DougH

7 minutes ago, DougH said:

I continue to believe that he is more symptom than disease, which is probably less comforting than attributing our current disfunction as direct damage from the Mango Mussolini. The only way I can reconcile where we are today is with the belief that there is a larger festering disease in our society and politics.

I used to consider myself more conservative and I can confidently say that 15 year younger me never would have voted for this clown or condoned any of these actions, and I would like to think that most of my friends and family would have also been horrified. 

Fast forward to more present day, and all through the primaries I had been telling my conservative friends that he was the biggest pile of shit in the long long history of that biological process, totally unfit to lead. Meanwhile they were turning the cognitive dissonance dial up to 11.

Agree and thats the problem for democrats as well. Poll after poll shows that the messaging that Washington is broke. Is fully adopted by voters. Politicians are not trusted. Washington is a swamp.Is believed to be fact by many.

Now the SC is thrown into that same equation. the end of trump? PLEASE. trump is like penicillin proof gonorrhea. It will outlast all treatments and remedy until its host is dead. The cancers that he spread will last. Mitch McConnell's and trumps SC will last for DECADES.