salto75

Dynamic corners - Javelin

Hi Guys

Could you please tell me if the dynamic corners option on Javelin rig is a must have when practicing wingsuit flying ?

Just wondering if there is any issue related to this option, if it is aging well and if it’s a pain to close the gear  

sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Looking at the rig options guide on the website, the Javlin features the same 'folding tabs' as UPT has on their containers. I had that on a previous rig, and had it modified by a rigger to what's sometimes referd to as 'drop stitch' method. Essentially having the normal corners, but not sewn up fully, and instead opened up about 50% from whats standard. This is enough to allow the bag to leave fully straight/backwards, but enough 'corner' to make the rig pack nice.

The folding tabs and open corners for me created a but of a saggy shape when packed, and the rig (cosmetically) never looked as nice as I wanted to. How neat it looks with the folding tabs will mostly depend on the canopy sizing I guess. 

I know UPT (on request) does offer the 'drop stitch' version of open corners, so perhaps worth asking Sunpath as well, should you prefer that over the folding tabs.

• Like 1

(edited)

I have an Odyssey with Dynamic corners and an Aurora that also has dynamic corners and have flown my WS with both containers without incident. There are no issues with having the dynamic corners and packing isn’t an issue. I believe it is a significant benefit over not having them - especially if you are at the top of the range with the canopy size/deployment bag. Sun Path only makes semi-stow less bags for the J2K and smaller (ZP 150 main canopy). Anecdotally, I’ve found the incidence rate of line twists on my Epicene 190 to be a little higher with my J4K Odyssey with standard deployment bag/rubber bands (1:10) compared to my Aurora with semi-stowless (1:50). None of the line twists were major and clear quickly.

Edited by BMAC615