billbooth

Bill Booth's 50th Anniversary Jump

On February 21, 1965 I made my first jump. 50 years later, on February 21, 2015, I want to celebrate by forming a "50" formation over Skydive Deland. We are also going to jump some old PC's we have. So, if you have an old canopy (1:1, LO-PO, PC, Delta II, Paradacyl, Para-Plane or Strato Star, and want to get on the old folks load (it's FREE), call UPT (386) 736-7589 and let us know. Bar-be-que and old PROJECTED Carl Boenish movies are also in the mix.

Congrats on staying with the sport so long!

Wish I could be there for the old canopy fun but it is a bit far to come down just for the weekend!

Hope someone gets some good photos of old gear in addition to the inevitable video.

Peter Chapman
Sensor/Double Keel 'Dactyl --- Single Keel Dactyl --- 'knights' PC --- 'pizza puke' PC --- Russian paratrooper D-6 rig --- PZ-81 Rogallo --- UT-15 rig --- a few round reserves --- Stratocloud --- Strato-Star* --- ParaSled* (*=not yet jumped) ... yeah some people have plenty more...

I have no desire to jump that old stuff either, but...other people seem willing. So far we have 2 PC's (one in the first rig I ever made), a Delta II Parawing, a "baby Paraplane with rings and ropes, and believe it or not...a VolPlane with hydraulic reefing. Hope to get a really brave person to jump a 1:1 flat circular.

Congrats Bill. Unfort my devotion to your invention skyhook ruined my jumping at skydive nagambie in Australia. (got banned at AFF for asking some uncomfortable questions like why no skyhook on student rig ?) never got an answer to that one.

But thanks for inventing it !!!
I tend to be a bit different. enjoyed my time in the sport or is it an industry these days ??

Oh man. Congratulations; wish I could be there too, but just can't. I'd even jump a Starlite (thundered in under one a couple of years ago)

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Alexg3265

I want in! Anyone got an old canopy they'll lend/rent me?!

At the moment, there are more old canopies than people willing to jump them. How does a Double Keeled Paradactyl or Volplane sound?

Remember the old adage that got us through these "transitional" canopies in the first place:"If you're going to be stupid, you gotta be tough." You'll have to sign the waiver TWICE to jump these babies!

billbooth

***I want in! Anyone got an old canopy they'll lend/rent me?!

At the moment, there are more old canopies than people willing to jump them. How does a Double Keeled Paradactyl or Volplane sound?

Remember the old adage that got us through these "transitional" canopies in the first place:"If you're going to be stupid, you gotta be tough." You'll have to sign the waiver TWICE to jump these babies!

Sounds bad ass! Where do I sign? Show me how to pack it and I'm in.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...