Squeeezer

How would you spend 13,5K on skydiving?

3 hrs of tunnel x $700 $2,100 without coaching! 500 jumps x $ 21 = $10,500 this is without counting on living expenses packing jobs etc. plus at 500 jumps I doubt you will want to fly the canopy you are flying now. This will barely be enough to get a tandem rating and work at a DZ assuming you find one that will allow you to work there with low experience.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

You can live in a tent in Eloy for free or really cheap in the bunk house, the tunnel is on site and you have some of the best instructors in the game and they fly pretty much every day.

If you decide to come to Utah I have a friend with a bunk house with reasonable rates and Dusty and Devin at iFly Utah are some of the best coaches in the tunnel business but the DZ only flys weekends and some week days during the busy seasons.

You can drive a couple of hours north and Jump the Perrine to your hearts (legs as it is a long ass hike out) content. Plus we have MOAB and Rock Canyon and a few other places the locals can show you as well as some sweet speed flying places if your into that and don't have a wife that says hell no :(

Lodi has a camping area and cheap jumps and the area is beautiful but it is the land of fruits and nuts and far from being a cheap place to exist which is about all your going to be able to do with 13.5k US and still skydive

If it was me id go to Eloy. They have a shuttle you can take from the airport. Camp eat and shower on site. There are enough people to run you into town to get your ramen noodles and koolaid and a tunnel on site. You could even hook up with people that travel to and from Perris and to Utah on a regular basis so you wont be "stuck" at one DZ and since AZ is a huge hub for southwest plane tickets to and from around the west are cheap if you decide to hit other western DZ's.

Whatever you decide take lots of pictures and keep a journal and NEVER fall asleep with your shoes on!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

DougH

25 hours of tunnel time in a compressed time frame would result in an impressive flyer.

But not necessarily a good skydiver.

Do some tunnel, but find a DZ to do loads of jumps to. No amount of tunnel will help you with spotting, tracking, canopy flight, gear knowledge, etc....
Remster

Here's what I did way back when. I found a DZ that was run by a club.
Great place--but--it was only open on weekends. This was before tandems took over many dzs. I wanted to do a lot of concentrated skydiving because I figured (rightly so) that the only way to get good was to do it a lot in a relatively short period of time. I wanted an instructor--the same one--on every jump. I approached the club and made a somewhat radical proposal. I wanted to rent the whole place for a week. Airplane, pilot, instructor, and someone to pack gear so I could land, debrief and strap another rig on and do it again. To my surprise, they agreed. Not only did they agree--but they were only going to charge me the regular jump rates. I parked my conversion van on the dz and jumped my brains out every day--good weather all week. Sooo..........if you can get that kind of a deal I think you will enjoy a fine week of learning and skygasms. By the way---the club was Connecticut Parachutists in Ellington, Ct.