TomWatson

USPA Donations Online

I challenge you to figure out how to make a donation to the USPA Team Trust Fund or Airport Access Defense fund, using the online web site.

http://www.uspa.org/

Hint: It used to be under the "Shop" button, I think, but no longer. It now seems to be under the "About USPA" button, which is illogical and not where you would expect it to be. Furthermore, when you click the "donate online" link there, all it does is take you back to the home page.

If you can figure out how to make it work, please let me know...

Received a reply from USPA about this issue:

Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2015 12:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: USPA Follow-up: Online Donations Information

Hi Tom,

We have made some changes to things on the website.

When you click on the SHOP link, you will see a new look in our store. This was the home of the donations previously until it was moved to the JOIN/RENEW link. The JOIN/RENEW link has a different look as well. First timers, have to create a password by clicking on CREATE USPA ACCOUNT. Once established and in your online account, you can do a number of different things like renew, update your contact information and demographics as well as donate to five different donation programs.

Please feel free to try it online. If you run into an issue, feel free to call the Member Service Center at 540-604-9740 with questions or assistance. The person who answers the phone will be more than happy to help you.

Regards,
Michelle Garvin
Director, Membership Services

So if you want to donate online now, you have to first create a signon account with USPA.

It seems to me that you should have a goal of making donations as easy as possible, in order to encourage them. Forcing people to create an account first, isn't doing that... And "Join/Renew" is an illogical place to locate the donation function, compared to "Shop".

[inline USPA1.JPG]

You can also click "About USPA" and find a "Donations" button, but that one talks only about doing so by phone or mail - no online option.

[inline USPA2.JPG]

Looks like my donations will now be made the old fashioned way, with a check by mail, instead of online. What an improvement!

Someone try this new online account, and let us know what it does for you...