fourtwo42

100th Jump suggestions?

So ths Thursday my 3rd jump of the day is my 100th jump and I wanted some ideas besides the usual underwear jump. I initially want to do a rodeo on a wing suiter but Im also open to other ideas. Regarding my skill level, I have been freeflying with some coaches and can defintely keep up in my sitfly, but also definitely do not have complete control of all my axis' in my sit. Never docked on my own but close. Backfly is decent, belly no problem, headdown barely any control, and pretty decent standing. So any ideas? Thanks for anyones input.

Just an opinion:

While it is fun to do something neat for an anniversary jump, don't make it too complicated. It is easy to plan something over-ambitious with too many people and too-varied skill levels, and thus end up doing just a big zoo dive.

If keeping it really small one can do something more technical, while if making it bigger to invite friends keep it simpler.

Heck it be as simple as a round belly formation, 360 & rejoin, backloops & rejoin, with the key being given whether or not everyone got to the original formation. That keeps things moving and not stuck for one person. While it can still turn into a mess, with reasonable belly skills it shouldn't be a dangerous one. That jump is maybe a bit boring but still an example of something out of the ordinary that gets everyone involved.

It's still better than "we planned this complex jump but one guy was out so we just held on until breakoff", or "it was a complex sitfly but people were all over so nothing really happened".

So that doesn't so much answer your question as give some suggested guidelines.

Ask those that have helped you get to this jump to celebrate it with you. Instructors, other jumpers, coaches, etc. And make it super simple so it is successful and fun for everyone, no stress.

Buy beer. Or whiskey.

Bring spare clothes, soap, and shampoo.
Jump more, post less!

erdnarob

Try going through a hulla hoop. A good freefall exercise involving precision in 3D. See the picture

Huh. Do you hang on to the hula hoop at pull time?

I took a 7 gallon keg of Sawtooth for my 100th. The DZ drank about a gallon of it. I did a pretty good job of finishing it off over the next week, mostly by making a lot of beer cheese soup. Sawtooth is just a little too hoppy for beer cheese soup.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

You're not ready for your 100th jump. You need to get at least 500 more jumps experience before you are ready for your 100th.

;)

(good luck & enjoy)

"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA