kkeenan

Bill Booth 50th Anniversary Video Tribute

I've met and talked with Bill three or four times in my 30 years and I've always enjoyed the visits.

Cool tribute too.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Quite amazing video. Congratulations to Bill Booth for his long dedication to the sport equipment.
I first met Bill in 1975 at Kendall Miami Glide Airport. I was jumping my Greenstar rig including a front mounted reserve. A guy came on the DZ showing his new rig. It was Bill Booth with one of his first "all in the back" rig. I asked him if I could put it on my back which he agreed. He took a couple of pictures. The rig didn't have already the 3 rings but a fork like cut away system. Two little yellow tapes had to be pulled sideway for cut away. (see picture)
Few years after, at a CSPA annual general meeting in Montreal, I saw the 3 rings demo for the first time. Two guys were pulling on 2 pieces of webbbing held together by the "three ring circus" as it was called at the time. The 3 ring locking was a plastic straw barely bent by the efforts. I tried it and I knew that was the solution we have been looking for. I had made earlier two cut away using Capewell. But what a difference using the 3 rings.
No wonder, I got my first Relative Workshop Wonderhog in 1978 and kept on using Relative Workshop (now UPT Vector) rigs since.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.