1 1
JoeWeber

The Supreme Court is our biggest problem

6 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Get ready for a lot more Jesus. It's all over but the crying in America.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.04.55 PM.png

So the Conservative majority flat out lied about the key facts of the case in their opinion, meaning that lower courts don’t really have any clue what the precedent is that this decision actually sets.

”Just calling balls and strikes…”

4 hours ago, kallend said:

The basic problem here (as I see it) is the in the absence of actual laws, passed by Congress, the SC can interpret the Constitution as it wishes.  It  can recognize a right one day and take it away the next.  Rather than wasting time trying to remove people from the court, which is realistically not going to happen, they should work to  codify rights in the law and if necessary in constitutional amendments.  That work will certainly be a long term project, but it should be possible if the rights have broad public support. 

(edited)
11 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

Get ready for a lot more Jesus. Get ready for more prayer in America.

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 9.04.55 PM.png

FIFY and: Everyone knows that "Lady Justice" is blindfolded for a reason. Its to trick the peasantry that the state weighs evidence without prejudice. Before they put the heavy boot of justice to the head of said peasants.

I'll have to go to the local thrift store to pick up a well used bible for my next trip to America. Leave it on the dash when driving across and the inside of my suitcase when clearing customs.

Edited by Phil1111

On 6/18/2022 at 1:33 AM, JoeWeber said:

We are really in a crappy place today.

Ya, but I think this type of warfare is more preferable over the traditional - you know, the kind where they just lineup and start shelling each other?

Oh, what's that?  You didn't know the country's at war?  Ya man - been going on for about 2-3 years - so take off the gloves, pull no punches, get dirty and have some fun, I guess - it's gonna be awhile. . .

When Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett all stated that they respected precedent  What they meant was they respected prescient.

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated a Republican-drawn congressional map in Louisiana that a federal judge had said diluted the power of Black voters.

The court’s three liberal members dissented.

The Supreme Court’s brief order, which included no reasoning, blocked the judge’s ruling and granted a petition seeking review in the case. The justices will, the order said, hold the Louisiana case while the court decides a similar one from Alabama in its next term.

As a practical matter, the court’s order ensures that congressional elections in Louisiana this fall will proceed under a map fashioned by Republican lawmakers,"

26 minutes ago, Phil1111 said:

When Neil Gorsuch, Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett all stated that they respected precedent  What they meant was they respected prescient.

"The Supreme Court on Tuesday reinstated a Republican-drawn congressional map in Louisiana that a federal judge had said diluted the power of Black voters.

The court’s three liberal members dissented.

The Supreme Court’s brief order, which included no reasoning, blocked the judge’s ruling and granted a petition seeking review in the case. The justices will, the order said, hold the Louisiana case while the court decides a similar one from Alabama in its next term.

As a practical matter, the court’s order ensures that congressional elections in Louisiana this fall will proceed under a map fashioned by Republican lawmakers,"

They've got us by the short hairs and they know it. I don't expect them to miss a single opportunity while the getting is good. And the good getting isn't likely to end anytime soon.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

They've got us by the short hairs and they know it. I don't expect them to miss a single opportunity while the getting is good. And the good getting isn't likely to end anytime soon.

There is nothing a bull loves better than giving the horn.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 5:38 AM, jakee said:

So the Conservative majority flat out lied about the key facts of the case in their opinion, meaning that lower courts don’t really have any clue what the precedent is that this decision actually sets.

”Just calling balls and strikes…”

So if someone runs out to the 50 yard line at the end of a football game and starts banging a donkey, can the use the Supreme Court's definition of 'private & quiet' as a defense?

Asking for a friend.

1 hour ago, wolfriverjoe said:

So if someone runs out to the 50 yard line at the end of a football game and starts banging a donkey, can the use the Supreme Court's definition of 'private & quiet' as a defense?

Asking for a friend.

I guess if they make sure every local news outlet knows they're going to do it... yes.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

Asking for a friend.

im no way a religious person. but its a pretty bad ideology that equates beastality as the same as prayer.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, wolfriverjoe said:

I've got a much better angle.

Judaism allows abortion, and that is certainly a private and quiet event.  A Jewish woman could certainly sue (say) Texas and say that denying her right to an abortion violates her First Amendment right to worship as she sees fit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, billvon said:

I've got a much better angle.

Judaism allows abortion, and that is certainly a private and quiet event.  A Jewish woman could certainly sue (say) Texas and say that denying her right to an abortion violates her First Amendment right to worship as she sees fit.

No need to create an example; We have a real case already:

Synagogue Sues Florida, Saying Abortion Restrictions Violate Religious Freedoms

• Like 1

Hi folks,

There seems to be no limit to the craziness:  Covid vaccines are developed using cells of ‘aborted children’

Clarence Thomas suggests Covid vaccines are developed using cells of ‘aborted children’ - POLITICO

If he were to just stay mute, he would be thought of better.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And this idiot is making decisions effecting every person in this country.

12 minutes ago, JerryBaumchen said:

Hi folks,

There seems to be no limit to the craziness:  Covid vaccines are developed using cells of ‘aborted children’

Clarence Thomas suggests Covid vaccines are developed using cells of ‘aborted children’ - POLITICO

If he were to just stay mute, he would be thought of better.

Jerry Baumchen

PS)  And this idiot is making decisions effecting every person in this country.

He’s not. Ginni is.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 11:27 PM, JoeWeber said:

And there's your problem.  Abortion notwithstanding you guys get butthurt over everything.  In the noise some of us can't tell if you're more upset about abortion or the definition of a woman.  You're trying to make everyone happy and in the process you've diluted your power and many times turned off your base.

Granted the R's continue to do stuff that makes me cringe but I'm not seeing much from across the aisle that excites me either.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'I HAVEN'T SEEN LIBERALS THIS UPSET @thegaywhostrayed SINCE YESTERDAY'

1 minute ago, airdvr said:

And there's your problem.  Abortion notwithstanding you guys get butthurt over everything.  In the noise some of us can't tell if you're more upset about abortion or the definition of a woman.  You're trying to make everyone happy and in the process you've diluted your power and many times turned off your base.

Granted the R's continue to do stuff that makes me cringe but I'm not seeing much from across the aisle that excites me either.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'I HAVEN'T SEEN LIBERALS THIS UPSET @thegaywhostrayed SINCE YESTERDAY'

In the words of Ronald Reagan, "There you go again." We aren't concerned about the definition of a women, that's just another puerile Republican canard. We don't give two hoots, we simply think people should be happy living the one real life we have not the pretend one to come which drives right wing legal thinking. And, yes, we often do turn off our base. That's just the way it works when your base has more thinking individuals than obedient drones.

Ummmm...
Seriously?

Jackson evaded answering a 'gotcha' question.

I never saw anyone but Trump fans get upset about it.

And which side attacked the actual government because they were 'butthurt' about losing an election?
Either that or so fucking stupid they bought Trump's lies about it being 'stolen'.

And what I'm really and truly pissed at the Rs about is the systematic dismantling of our democracy.
The usurpation of power so that the rich & powerful can do whatever the fuck they want, and the rest of us just have to take it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, airdvr said:

airdvr, let me try again.  It's not about "abortion" per se as some abstract stand alone issue but about the real suffering that the ruling will cause for a lot of innocent people. Not just the women, although their interests should be paramount, but the impregnator, their families and on and on and on. What you guy's don't seem to get is that the welfare of people we don't know is important to us because we know that the benefits of organized society depends on suppressing the reptilian part of our brains and looking out for each other. 

If it's not your hearts desire to see organized society disintegrate then step back and look at the actual effects of Republican policies, not the FOX News drivel, in America and ask your self which party is more likely to help folks and continue our fragile experiment in government by the people.

• Like 1

(edited)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/06/supreme-court-dangerous-independent-state-legislature-theory.html

The beginning of the end, folks.

The goal of the supreme court is to abolish democracy under the bullshit guise of ‘state rights’, it’s as simple as that.

When states can deliberately manipulate election voting parameters to force a particular outcome or (another case they’ve agreed to hear) call elections invalid if there’s a ‘suspicion’ of voter fraud and then declare their own result, democracy and the Great Experiment is dead. Completely and utterly.

And you republicans might cheer at this. The crying libs got owned. Fuck the Democrats and AOC!! But you know what history has taught us about dictatorships? It’s not the fucking rubes like you that come off well from it… You’re nothing more than a vehicle to power that will get used up and tossed to the side when you’re no longer useful. The last presidency proved that.

I hope everyone is planning an out.

Edited by yoink
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 7:57 AM, Phil1111 said:

The constitution helps define winners and losers. The anarchy of majority mob rule must be crushed. Hence the senate.

Guns must be ready and available. To maintain the status quo.Guns keep natives on reserves. Mexicans, Canadians and other undesirables away from the borders. Guns protect us from those who can't climb the ladder fast enough. Its another form of evolution.

The enshrinement of the constitution, the courts, as cast in stone. Will protect White, Christians. Midterms will put the majority in their proper place. As tithe for the privilege in living in a White Christian America.

spacer.png

You've got more problems than the court. Now that I've pooped all over your thread. Carry on.

On 6/18/2022 at 10:08 AM, JoeWeber said:

Second biggest?

The election WAS stolen.