leroydb

Closing of the Green Beret/82nd(aka Fort Bragg) sports parachute club

Short answer? MWR runs it and doesn't feel it's profitable as a part of their business ventures.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Re: [jumper03] Closing of the Green Beret/82nd(aka Fort Bragg) sports parachute club

thats crap!

Yeah - home of the airborne huh?

:S[:/]

I hear undertones of some upper leadership issues (on the civilian side) and hidden agendas that most likely can not be solved without removing said skygod who dosen't jump anymore, but yet still knows EVERYTHING...

This of course is 2nd hand information, but comes from multiple sources... Take it with a grain of salt

It is sad that Fort bragg, Home of the Airborne, can't even support the parachute club.

FYI, Fort Bragg recieved +/-40 $million. To support the club would only "unofficially" take 10-15k to keep their gear up-to-date, and other misc costs.

Come on guys,
Where is the, "Never leave a soldier behind" attitude?
Where is the, "Never quit attitude?"
Where are the creative thinkers and planners, 10-15k is a pebble in the midst of 40 million.

Disclaimer: This is just my personal opinion:
If I was CSM of the Army for a day, I say lets put a military [soldier]back in charge of the club.

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

We need to start calling people out. I am a big fan of rocking the boat, I will call a friend at the news paper.

If enough people start bitching about it and questioning where the money has gone (if MWR is hit with a spotlight) we should get some answers.

I don't mind pissing people off, it seems to be what I do best.
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before

MWR is supposed to boost morale.. not crush it!!

Indeed, I agree 100%. Sounds to me that some Army personnel need to remind MWR whom they are actually working for.

Of course, I don't know who else would run it. I'm sure the Army's not interested and no one would want AAFES or DECA to do it... :P:D
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

I think when you apply a business model to what are supposed to be morale building activities, the soldiers lose out...and that's really sad. Why don't we start making the soldiers pay out of pocket for the numerous fitness centers on military installations while we're at it? :S

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

the same thing happend to the royal marines parachute school in england where a general was told to cut back on cost he decided either the parachute school or the dragon boat team had to go. he no intrest in parachuting but with the dragon boat team he got a free trip to hong kong every year so the parachute club was closed:(
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes

The club closing is a sad day. For it gave soldiers and their families deeply discounted rates for them to try skydiving. The club has trained so many people its a shame when the doors do finally shut. What I cant seem to understand is how they havent closed the numerous golf courses on fort bragg for they are losing money also.
As a former volunteer instructor to the club it really bothers me they couldnt find another way to make the club work instead of closing it. It was the last standing club with in the DOD.

Don, this will not hurt Reaford at all. Reaford trains a lot of military just for the fact that over the last few years MWR didnt want to spend the money for the club to advertise. Just another long list of MWR mis-management.

Have you thanked the rigger that saved your life!
IAD-I, AFF-I, Coach, MFFI566

We already pay "membership fees" to a few Gyms here at Campbell, the ones still open during the deployments of course.

Hopefully the Army Vice Chief will listen to some concerns next time I see him, the fellows just gave me a new walking stick labeled "shit pot Stir", so I will give it a whirl;).

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We already pay "membership fees" to a few Gyms here at Campbell, the ones still open during the deployments of course.

Hopefully the Army Vice Chief will listen to some concerns next time I see him, the fellows just gave me a new walking stick labeled "shit pot Stir", so I will give it a whirl;).

Matt

Well, if you want to stir to save the GB club - you better stir quick. Equipment turn in happens this week. After that it is all over.
Scars remind us that the past is real

Definitely Sad and B.S.

I cannot believe that many things are going to the Way-Side.

LeRoy PM me bro.

Laters,

K-MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!B|

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I say get everyone to call them in support. Ask to speak to the wana-be Skydiver in charge that has the hidden agenda.

Fort Bragg Sports Parachute Club: 910-907-2369
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

What I cant seem to understand is how they havent closed the numerous golf courses on fort bragg for they are losing money also...

NO military Golf course makes money ANYWHERE in the world... and yet MILLIONS are spent to maintain them..

but ofc the General's use the Golf courses, and we all know that the Brass is the most important part of any military :|

NO military Golf course makes money ANYWHERE in the world... and yet MILLIONS are spent to maintain them..

but ofc the General's use the Golf courses, and we all know that the Brass is the most important part of any military :|

Everyone gets to use the golf courses, officers and enlisted men alike. And cheap recreation is one of the benefits they get in exchange for their piss-poor pay for serving their country. I don't begrudge them their golf courses one little bit. After being in harm's way to help keep you safe, they deserve to have someplace to relax.

Sad Day indeed :|

Airborne is on its way out, old techknology to drop a Division on the enemy, just bomb them back to the stone age is the new way of war. The British have already stopped standard Airborne operations, cost too much [:/]

EFS, BSBD, Skydive Hard and Free!!!

Arvel
BSBD...........Its all about Respect,

USPA#-7062, FB-2197, Outlaw 499

We actually got briefed on Future Airborne Operations the other day. (out here at Campbell of all places).

BLUF (Army for - Bottom Line Up Front, go figure another fucken acronym)

Airborne is staying.
The DOD though it was not needed after WWII,
then in Korea we used 'em,
in Vietnam we used 'em,
in Grenada we used 'em,
in Panama we used' em and
now in Iraq we used 'em.

SO some 4 star said they stay because, after WWII we thought, well you get the point.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!