4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

8 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

No, I made that picture (upon request actually)

Wow, a sought after artist.

9 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Reasonable people don't need memes thrown at them, because they are not going to resort to ad hominem, they are going to clarify what you mean,  understand it first themselves, then pose questions to the collective.

Commies just run an unhinged collective and expect everyone to acquiesce, or else...

You don't see a contradiction here? Ironic

10 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Typing long winded, messages like this can be fun at times, when you which to really test your hypotheses, because there is no better review, than one from your adversaries.

Adversaries? Didn't see that as part of your scientific method art piece. Are adversaries part of the peer review process?

I will say that you can likely give Winsor a run for his money when it comes to saying nothing with a lot of words. I have noticed you and him are never in the room together at the same time...mmmm...

4 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Because what sort of degenerate deconstructionist, would actually believe the Carbon and C02 are problematic to life.

Even water is problematic to life when it's not in the right proportion to the other things that are needed. Kind of like carbon and CO2.

Wendy P.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

The adversaries to scientists, are pseudo scientists.

Why would arguing with pseudo-scientists help scientists test their hypothesis? That doesn't make any sense. Do you understand the scientific process beyond a picture?

57 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

Because what sort of degenerate deconstructionist,

Isn't that one of those ad hominems you believe yourself to be above?

59 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

I actually feel sorry for people like you, because you are in a position where you can't back out of it, even if you wanted to.

What position do you think that is?

53 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

In short, humans merely need to get over themselves and get on with it. 

The Sun/ God / nature / Ranginui / Ra or whatever you want to call it, decides what s happening. 

The Lord helps those who help themselves.

15 minutes ago, Slim King said:

How many sandwiches have you had???? LOL You should lighten up ...

1. Ad hominem — Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument.
  2. Straw man fallacy — Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack.
  3. Hasty generalization — Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole.
  4. Begging the question — Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true.
  5. Post Hoc/False cause — Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause.
  6. False dichotomy — Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities.
  7. Ad ignorantum — Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false.
  8. Burden of proof reversal — Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim.
  9. Non sequitur — Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection.
  10. Bandwagon fallacy — Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true.

Thanks for that!  So in your posts I see:

Hasty generalization - finding one guy who said the world was going to end and using that to represent the whole.
Strawman fallacy - claiming that scientists are arguing that no other greenhouse gas other than CO2 affects the climate.
Ad Hominem - attacking Greta Thunberg's mother because she made a silly "my daughter is superhuman" argument
Appeal to Authority - claiming that since Kary Mullis is a good chemist, he is an authority on climate change
Begging the question - claiming that scientists think any amount of CO2 is a pollutant, which isn't true
False Dichotomy -  assuming that the two options are using gas planes forever or "the government makes all your planes illegal."

Can you get all 10?  If you do I'll buy you a beer.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, brenthutch said:

image.jpeg.64b132f0cc0bdea5f04de7a4a74f33be.jpeg
More facts

Did you notice that your graph varies in temperature by about a degree over 2000 years while the one billvon posted varies by almost 2 degrees over only 170? Aren’t you the one always talking about natural variation?

Edited by murps2000

9 hours ago, murps2000 said:

Did you notice that your graph varies in temperature by about a degree over 2000 years while the one billvon posted varies by almost 2 degrees over only 170? Aren’t you the one always talking about natural variation?

Look at the second graph 

1 hour ago, Slim King said:

1200 major Scientists are proving  SLIM KING is correct!!!!  There is no Climate Crisis ... fantastic article...https://slaynews.com/news/1200-scientists-scholars-declare-no-climate-emergency/

"1200 major scientists"

So I took a look at who signed it.  From the top of the list:

IVAR GIAEVER - Nobel prize for discovering electron tunnelling in superconductors.  Zero work on climate.  Paid by the Heartland Institute, a conservative think tank.
GUUS BERKHOUT - Dutch petroleum engineer who works for Shell.  Not a scientist.  Zero work on climate.
CORNELIS LE PAIR - Retired administrator.  Not a scientist.  Zero work on climate.
REYNALD DU BERGER - Professor at University of Quebec, his field is applied seismology. He has received support from Koch Industries and ExxonMobil. Zero work on climate.
BARRY BRILL - New Zealand politician and lawyer.  Zero work on climate.
TERRY DUNLEAVY - New Zealand politician and winemaker.  Zero work on climate.

So here are some facts for you!  Of the five people at the top of that list, only one was a scientist - and he wasn't even a climate or atmospheric scientist.  Three of then are paid for their opinions.

I love facts!

1 minute ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

I have beautiful pure blood kids,

What does that mean?

1 minute ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

If you could prove me or any other of your adversaries wrong

Why would I see people with an opposing opinion as adversaries? Seems to oppose the idea that you would be willing to learn from those with a different opinion.

3 minutes ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

a beautiful healty yoga instructor wife

lol, your phrasing here says so much.

10 minutes ago, Slim King said:

Looks like you hid 1194 contributors .....And all of them are working on the Climate Hoax.

I took the top five.  None were climate scientists.  Only one was a scientist at all.  Three are paid by climate denial organizations.  Going by that sample, your list of 1194 contributors has zero climate scientists and only 238 scientists of ANY type.  And most of them are paid shills.

Sounds like you don't like those facts.

Joe Rogan agrees

Joe Rogan is a World Wrestling Federation announcer, comedian and actor.  Now he has a lucrative podcast based on his acting experience.

If he is where you get your science from - I think I have just identified your problem understanding science!

Joe Rogan is an excellent example of "how hard can it be?" syndrome. He's got talent and intelligence, it's just not universal. UFC commentator, Fear Factor dude, comedian, actor -- that doesn't necessarily translate to understanding science and its interfaces.

Wendy P.

2 hours ago, billvon said:

?? You posted the list and now you claim you can't find the list?

Enough with the trolling.

Here is a list

SCIENTISTS ARGUING THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS PRIMARILY CAUSED BY NATURAL PROCESSES

— scientists that have called the observed warming attributable to natural causes, i.e. the high solar activity witnessed over the last few decades.

SCIENTISTS PUBLICLY QUESTIONING THE ACCURACY OF IPCC CLIMATE MODELS

SCIENTISTS ARGUING THAT THE CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING IS UNKNOWN

SCIENTISTS ARGUING THAT GLOBAL WARMING WILL HAVE FEW NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES

Someone should let these guys know about the “settled science”

Edited by brenthutch

And in the 1800's, even though the idea that antiseptic treatment of wounds was being developed, there were still many prominent physicians who didn't believe in it. So when the best doctor of the day was called to James Garfield's bedside, he probed the wound repeatedly with his fingers (BTW, the same thing happened to McKinley 20 years later, but that time the doctor might have washed his hands - might; it's not recorded, because it wasn't seen as that important).

Just because there is disagreement doesn't mean it's not right.

Wendy P.

4 hours ago, The Hundredth Monkey said:

It means you have nothing other than repeating youreslf after me explaining how pathetic you were at ad hominnem last time.

maybe try by showing us a "temperature graph' rather than an anomaly chart.

Lol, you're the one repeating that graph, not me.

The one you don't understand but keep posting again, and again.