4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

(edited)
4 hours ago, billvon said:

Sure, here are five million:  https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-07/climate-change-linked-to-5-million-deaths-a-year-new-study-shows#xj4y7vzkg

But if you want specific names, here are some of the people who died last year due to climate change in Oregon:

Anderson, Rosemary
Appleton,Timothy
Beck, Carol
Cosgrove, RandallI
Fah, Fred
Gentry, Alice
Harris, Dan
Mallory, Keith
Newbrey, Michae
Pulliam, Wesley

“While most deaths have been caused by exposure to the cold….”

¬¬

Edited by brenthutch

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

Can anyone give me the names of 10 people who have died from Global Warming .... I'll wait. Toto has been pulling back the curtain on Global Warming for 14 years... Check out Tony Heller.

I don't have names. But heat waves kill more people every year than any other weather event.

8 hours ago, brenthutch said:

Actuarial table says I only have a quarter of a century left :ohmygod:

And I hope you get every year plus some. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that an entire Brentocene and more won't be long enough to prove out your theories. 

7 hours ago, gowlerk said:

I don't have names. But heat waves kill more people every year than any other weather event.

And why would there be any names? It's not like covid - the rich and famous aren't affected as much.

Don't let them set up the goalposts like this ridiculous one. Even if you do meet them, they'll move it anyway (actually, brent already did).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeWeber said:

And I hope you get every year plus some. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that an entire Brentocene and more won't be long enough to prove out your theories. 

Theories, projections and guesses are what the other side has, I deal in cold hard facts.  No one on this forum will live long enough to see wind and solar overtake fossil fuels in global energy production.  Every month that goes by without global temperatures shooting up that “hockey stick” is a month where I am proven correct. In three more years poor Olof’s predictions of EVs overtaking IC vehicles will be as insightful as his daily contribution to this forum. 

17 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Theories, projections and guesses are what the other side has, I deal in cold hard facts. 

No one on this forum will live long enough to see wind and solar overtake fossil fuels in global energy production.

Your anti-projection diet lasted an entirety of one sentence!  You, sir, are to be applauded for your consistency with being inconsistent!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Theories, projections and guesses are what the other side has, I deal in cold hard facts.

The cold hard fact is, most of the time you don't even read the contents of the links you post here.

Nor you have the ability to do simple maths.

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Every month that goes by without global temperatures shooting up that “hockey stick” is a month where I am proven correct.

Remember when I asked you to make a prediction about the global temperature anomaly, and you didn't know what it was or how it was calculated? Despite claiming that you know what global temperatures were doing :rofl:

And all you have is making fun of a wishful prediction I made that still has 3 years to go...could you at least find one that's in the past?

1 hour ago, brenthutch said:

Every month that goes by without global temperatures shooting up that “hockey stick” is a month where I am proven correct. 

I’m not sure you’re ready for hockey sticks. According to your argument in this thread you think this would be an example of a graph which shows that absolutely nothing is happening.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, olofscience said:

And all you have is making fun of a wishful prediction I made that still has 3 years to go...could you at least find one that's in the past?

Not true. We still have “the reason the Chinese are building so many coal fired power plants is because wind and solar are cheaper and more scalable”

That one is my favorite.

9 minutes ago, lippy said:

Okay there.  I have no fucking idea what game you're playing, but congrats on the win: your trophy's in the mail.

I’m not trolling I’m just sharing the fact that the IEA says fossil fuels will dominate global energy production well past mid-century.  I’m sorry if that upsets your wind and solar fantasies and intrudes on your climate safe-space, but it is what it is.

18 hours ago, Slim King said:

Can anyone give me the names of 10 people who have died from Global Warming .... I'll wait. Toto has been pulling back the curtain on Global Warming for 14 years... Check out Tony Heller.

John, Jim, Mohammed, Rick, Melissa, Faisa, Hafza, Ram, Aneisha, Ramesh.

1 hour ago, SkyDekker said:

John, Jim, Mohammed, Rick, Melissa, Faisa, Hafza, Ram, Aneisha, Ramesh.

“Cold deaths vastly outweigh heat deaths. This is common knowledge in the academic literature and for instance the Lancet finds that each year, almost 600,000 people die globally from heat but 4.5 million from cold.”

There are many more Johns, Jims, Mohammeds, Ricks, Melissas, Faisas, Hafzas, Rams, Aneishas and Rameshs that die of cold.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Cold deaths vastly outweigh heat deaths

So you're saying that warming would be good?

But you said that it's not getting warmer and it's good! You should say "I hate that it's NOT getting warmer!"

Or are you losing track of the arguments that liberal democrat that lives rent-free in your mind is making?

5 hours ago, brenthutch said:

“Cold deaths vastly outweigh heat deaths. This is common knowledge in the academic literature and for instance the Lancet finds that each year, almost 600,000 people die globally from heat but 4.5 million from cold.”

There are many more Johns, Jims, Mohammeds, Ricks, Melissas, Faisas, Hafzas, Rams, Aneishas and Rameshs that die of cold.

Yes when it gets cold in sub-Saharan Africa it kills a lot of people.