4 4
brenthutch

May’s Global Temperature coldest in 9 years

And now . . . .

It’s Going to Be Dangerously Hot for 100 Million Americans

Nearly a third of the U.S. population was under an extreme heat warning, with heat indexes in some cities climbing over 110 degrees, meteorologists said.

. . .Wednesday’s temperatures will be “well above-normal to record-breaking” from the Upper Midwest to the Southeast, the Weather Service said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/us/heat-wave-midwest-southeast.html

(edited)
1 hour ago, billvon said:

And now . . . .

It’s Going to Be Dangerously Hot for 100 Million Americans

Nearly a third of the U.S. population was under an extreme heat warning, with heat indexes in some cities climbing over 110 degrees, meteorologists said.

. . .Wednesday’s temperatures will be “well above-normal to record-breaking” from the Upper Midwest to the Southeast, the Weather Service said.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/15/us/heat-wave-midwest-southeast.html

As you know, that is only weather in a tiny fraction of the globe (1.87%)   You guys crack me up when you say it is just weather when it’s cold, but if it is warm it’s CLIMATE CATASTROPHE :ohmygod:.

What do you think about the highest Arctic sea ice extent in 9 years?

BTW you still haven’t explained why China and India continue to build coal fired power plants, when wind and solar are cheaper, maybe Olof can help.

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, kallend said:

Is this yet another attempt to confuse weather with climate?

That would be BillV, a short heatwave in a tiny part of the planet.  I’m sharing information about climate.

Climate would be a flatlining of global temperatures over the last decade and a recovery of Arctic sea ice, not a rainstorm or dry spell in California.

27 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

YTD is the 6th warmest in 143. You believe that is proof there is no warming?

Since temperatures have flatlined during the last decade and Arctic sea ice has stabilized, we are talking about global warmer, not global warming. Since there is no manifestation of a global climate catastrophe/crisis/chaos/Armageddon (chose your metaphor) at these slightly elevated temperatures, I think this whole climate debate can be put to bed. Good night.:x

• Like 1

(edited)
27 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Didn't one of your cohorts claim that in 1998 as well? How did that work out?

Considering it’s not appreciably warmer than 1998, and we still don’t have any meteorological phenomena outside the range of natural variability…I’d say pretty well 

Obviously the climate system is not as sensitive to increased CO2 as the alarmist bed wetters predicted.

Do you really want to get into a discussion about failed predictions?

Edited by brenthutch
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

care to define that?

I was hoping brent would learn how to average two numbers after his stock market bs was exposed, but no chance.

Remember when I tried to get him to predict this year's total global temperature anomaly? Slippery as an eel, then just ran away to watch TV.

17 minutes ago, olofscience said:

Remember when I tried to get him to predict this year's total global temperature anomaly? 

I did! I predicted it would not be a record despite record levels of atmospheric CO2. And it looks as if I will be correct!:x

32 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

Yes, the temperature has not risen to a point where any of the climate nastiness, predicted by the alarmists, has yet to manifest.

Coming from you, that definition makes sense: just make shit up as you go along.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, SkyDekker said:

Coming from you, that definition makes sense: just make shit up as you go along.

What did I say that was wrong?  Just where are the global, unprecedented climate disasters? The ball is in your court my friend, put up or shut up.

Edited by brenthutch

4 hours ago, SkyDekker said:

Didn't one of your cohorts claim that in 1998 as well? How did that work out?

“There’s only one problem with global warming – it ended in 1998 2010 2014 2016!”

Maybe this time he will be right.  And if not – well, there’s always 2030.

1 hour ago, billvon said:

“There’s only one problem with global warming – it ended in 1998 2010 2014 2016!”

Maybe this time he will be right.  And if not – well, there’s always 2030.

Maybe the same year Christ returns and SHTF happens?

7 hours ago, brenthutch said:

I did! I predicted it would not be a record despite record levels of atmospheric CO2. And it looks as if I will be correct!:x

Predicting a negative doesn't provide any information and is pretty useless. That's like Amazon saying "your parcel won't be arriving next week". "Your parcel won't be arriving on Thursday".

And...you were quite silent last July when it was declared as the hottest month ever recorded.

4 hours ago, olofscience said:

An hour. Remember your months-long crickets when July 2021 was the hottest month ever recorded?

“Just where are the global, unprecedented climate disasters? The ball is in your court my friend, put up or shut up.”

Still waiting…….

16 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

“Just where are the global, unprecedented climate disasters? The ball is in your court my friend, put up or shut up.”

Nice straw man.

You have to invent arguments to "win" against them. You know there's already another thread for old men yelling at clouds, right?

(edited)
11 minutes ago, brenthutch said:

2021 didn’t even make it into the top five :rofl:

I was talking about months. You know what non-sequitur means right?

And yes, as a whole 2021 rightfully wasn't in the top five, because of the La Nina which was expected, and predicted. (not by you though)

Finally, nobody said it would be, so you're making up arguments again!

You know you don't have to use an internet forum to argue with yourself right? There are institutions for that.

Edited by olofscience
  • Like 1